Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Platform request and midlet permissions

Hi Everyone

I am using platformRequest(tel:url). I want to remove the prompts that are asked. I did code signing it but was of no use. Setting jad file attributes with
    MIDlet-Permissions: javax.microedition.pim.ContactList.read,javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.platformRequest.HTTP,javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.platformRequest.MIDLET,javax.microedition.midlet.MIDlet.platformRequest.HTTPS

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=72273

did not help me in anyways....

Can anybody tell me what permissions are to be set in jad file and what kind of midlet signing has to be done to remove those extra prompts????
    Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Platform request and midlet permissions

Hello rj12info,

did code signing it but was of no use
    Did you use operator domain signing as suggested by Hartti?

Unfortunately currently it is not possible to remove this prompting for applications signed into trusted 3rd party domain (i.e. applications signed by Java Verified or by using VeriSign or Thawte certicates).

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Super Contributor

And with operator signing, note that you need to do it for each and every network operator separately, and then distribute operator-specific (signed) versions of the applications.

With 200+ countries in the world, and 2-20 network operators each, you have to deal with around 1500 operators, if you wish this to work on all of them.

In effect, this means that it makes only sense to do operator-by-operator and if you distribute the app through that operator's channel only (no operator signed versions through, e.g., Ovi Store or other "open" channels). That is, if it makes any sense in the first place to try to take the operator signing avenue.

Super Contributor

are you sure about that calculation petrib ?
    I mean, if I sign for let's say Vodafone, do you need to sign it individually for every single country ? Also I guess that if you actually achieve some type of contract with a provider you could as well just send the JAD+JAR to be signed which they will do (for all the countries they are a provider in)...

Hello

I have similar problem, but I want that application work corectly with one operator. How can i signing my midlet to remove this prompt?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by newman View Post
    Hello

I have similar problem, but I want that application work corectly with one operator. How can i signing my midlet to remove this prompt?
    Ask the operator. Only they can make it possible. Without their support you can't do it.