Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Phone Lock-Up Using Bluetooth (requires battery pull!!)

Hi!

I have written a 3650 / 7650 application that periodically does Bluetooth device discovery and service discovery.

The code is taken, mostly, from the revised examples such as BTPointToPoint.

After the application runs for a while, it stops discovering devices. If I exit the application, I can no longer connect to the phone using Bluetooth (e.g. to download files).

If I exit the app and go to the Connectivity icon, then the Bluetooth Icon on the phone, and try to turn Bluetooth off, it won't turn off. Also, if I try to change the visibility of the phone, it won't change. When I exit the built-in Bluetooth control on the phone, I get a Symbian error dialog:

App. closed!
    BtUi

I can then turn off the phone normally, and when I turn it back on, Bluetooth works properly again.

Sometimes when I exit my app, or when the app is running, the user interface locks up completely and I can fix things only by pulling the battery.

I know that something is going wrong with my app, but also, something is going wrong with Bluetooth on the phone. Any ideas? Anyone else had this problem with the Bluetooth stack?

This happens most often on the 3650, but I have seen it on the 7650 too.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
    Still having this problem, even after a lot of changes to my app to simplify the code, TRAP errors, etc.

It seems to occur when another device or the emulator does repeated SERVICE DISCOVERY on the device; device discovery alone doesn't seem to cause it. Usually I can turn the device off but sometimes I have to pull the battery.

Sometimes on the emulator, when it's the device performing service discovery, I get a "Socket Server Link Panic 10" panic which seems to come from somewhere in the HCI layer based on the debug stack.

This panic isn't documented - is it the same as ESOCK 10?

Can someone tell me what's causing either the Socket Server Link Panic 10 on the discoverer, or the bluetooth lock-up on the discoveree?

Thanks!