Discussion Board

QContactOnlineAccount - what is the account name?

Is there a way to get the "account name" associated with the "QContactOnlineAccount" for a contact?

How can I find out the "skype account name" for a contact on the n900? The QContactOnlineAccount does not include any method for this (according to the documentation for 1.0) and all the other "values" not exposed also don't seem to include this information.

Thanks in advance,
    Felipe

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: QContactOnlineAccount - what is the account name?

Hi,

I am not entirely certain what you mean by "account name", in this context.

The QContactOnlineAccount detail contains 4 fields, one of which is FieldServiceProvider (eg, Skype perhaps), another is FieldAccountUri (eg, user@skype.com or something, depending on the service the account identifier may of course have a different format). This is data that the client can set, since they know these pieces of information.

The QContactPresenceDetail linked to a particular QContactOnlineAccount detail will contain dynamic information provided by the service provider as part of the service, and may originate from the remote contact themself (eg, their status, their nickname/screen-name, and so on).

Cheers,
    Chris.

For the QContactOnlineAccount the only values (fields) I get are: AcccountPath (“spirit/skype/my_username”), DetailUri(“skype”) and ServiceProvider (“skype”)

The AcccountPath in this case it is my "skype login" (not the one I am looking for - the contact skype login). Also, for some reason AccountPath is not mapped to any fields defined for QContactOnlineAccount.

The FieldAccountUri does not get a value, neither capabilities or linkedDetailUris.

Maybe is a bug on the backend that is not providing the FieldAccountUri.

Thank you
    Felipe

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

Yes, it looks like the backend is doing something strange here. The AccountPath might be for Telepathy integration or something? It may be that in order to provide the full functionality of QCOA and QCP, the backend should be querying some API other than osso-abook - I'm not sure.

I'll look into this issue.

Cheers,
    Chris.

/edit:
    Just to clarify, it's fine that the backend stores "extra" information (the account path stuff), since there's no restriction on backends doing so, in order to implement the required functionality. However, it is very strange that it doesn't fill out the field which is important to the client (ie, FieldAccountUri, which contains the accountUri of the remote client). Depending on the underlying system, it may be that the backend will not be able to implement dynamic status reporting (ie, QContactPresence), however, and therefore the linkedDetailUris field may not be set...
    Last edited by chriadam; 2010-06-04 at 04:34. Reason: clarification