Discussion Board

Question receive the camera image and display it in a Qt widget using OpenGL

Hi Klen, hi divanov,

I'm an undergraduate student also trying to write AR applications for the N900 via GStreamer, Qt and OpenGL. Since I am currently very inexperienced in all three fields: Could you help me out with a small program, which just receives the camera image and displays it in a Qt widget using OpenGL? I'm trying to achieve this for days and while I got an image via GStreamer and even managed to implement some corner detectors, I haven't been able to get it to run using Qt and OpenGL despite of extensively trying to do so. Any help would be greatly(!) appreciated - I'm going insane about this ^^ If you should choose not to provide any code, a good reference would also be very helpful (I haven't fully understood how Qt and GStreamer cooperate, yet). If you are willing to provide an example for educational purposes, but do not want to publish it here, I can of course give you my email address.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Dorfmeister

Super Contributor

Re: receive the camera image and display it in a Qt widget using OpenGL

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
    If you should choose not to provide any code, a good reference would also be very helpful (I haven't fully understood how Qt and GStreamer cooperate, yet). If you are willing to provide an example for educational purposes, but do not want to publish it here, I can of course give you my email address.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Dorfmeister
    Qt OpenGL examples could be found here:
    http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/trees/4.7/examples/opengl
    Also take into account that N900 supports OpenGL ES 2.0. There is an emulation of OpenGL ES 1.0, but performance is not perfect.
    There is nothing very special about using GStreamer with Qt, what do you mean as cooperation?