Discussion Board

Strange linker warning from series60 SDK

When I'm executing (don't use debugger) my program in Series60 SDK the linker give me following warning.

---8<---8<---
    EDLL.LIB(UP_DLL.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB "edll.pdb" was not found with "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINS\UDEB\EDLL.LIB" or at "C:\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\MYPROGRAMS\TESTS\BTTEST\GROUP\BTTEST\WINS\UDEB\edll.pdb"; linking
    object as if no debug info
    ---8<---8<---

The emulator and the program work correctly. What does this warning means? I don't have this edll.pdb file in those directories.

RE: Strange linker warning from series60 SDK

Hi,

Each DLL has an object file EDLL.LIB built into it, and the EDLL.PDB just contains debug information of the library. Recently, Nokia has decided to withdraw some unnecessary .pdb files, that is why the compiler could not find the files and it gives that warning. Your application should work correctly, and the warning won't be seen when you compile with release modes such as "armi urel" or "wins urel".

Regards,
    FN Developer Support

No .pdb files for Symbian/EPOC libraries

The Series 60 SDK for Symbian OS does not contain any .pdb files for the provided libraries (.lib/.dll). Without these the "Auto list members" feature does not work for those libraries. As this is one of the essential features in the IDE I would like to know if anyone would know where to get hold of these pdb files?

Thanks

RE: Strange linker warning from series60 SDK

The fact that the PDB are no longer there also means that one of the very useful features in VC - "Auto list mebers" does not work. Is there a way to get hold of the pdb's?