Discussion Board

Red face QT Nokia sdk installation and QT Creator config problem

Hi All,
    I was using Qt Sdk for Symbian 4.6.1 with Carbide earlier, Now i downloaded Nokia QT Sdk beta offline installer
    trying installing it i faced the following error multiple times :
    I got error and installation failed like this:

In few threads i read it can be because of Maemo USB driver, so i took custom installation and unchecked Maemo in offline installer and it worked, sdk was installed:
    I started QT Creator tried to run the Tiles example and it said "There is no device plugged in." while running and failed ,
    In options in QT Creator i could see this :

and

Here i can't see new QT sdk 4.6.2 and 4.7 which are said to be included in installer.

Now i have three doubts:
    1: What modifications are required to run a example for Symbian 5th edition / 3rd edition emulator.
    2: Why the installer was not working with maemo settings and how will i develope for Maemo in QT Creator now.
    3: The QT Creator installed by Nokia QT sdk beta is Qt Creator 1.3.83 but in doc : http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._SDK_v1.0_Beta its mentioned Installer installer contains QT Creator 2.0 ?
    Last edited by kapiluiet; 2010-06-02 at 12:15.

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: QT Nokia sdk installation and QT Creator config problem

In few threads i read it can be because of Maemo USB driver, so i took custom installation and unchecked Maemo in offline installer and it worked, sdk was installed:
    I started QT Creator tried to run the Tiles example and it said "There is no device plugged in." while running and failed ,
    The phone needs to be connected. Only USB seems to work. Bluetooth needs to send a file externally.
    Did the compile window say compile successful, because this message means compiled and loading to phone,no phone connect USB then error.

Here i can't see new QT sdk 4.6.2 and 4.7 which are said to be included in installer.
    from update to Wiki article
    Windows Vista users need to use the update using the SDK Maintenance tool from the Start bar "All Programs -> Nokia Qt SDK Beta Release -> Update Nokia Qt SDK and Select the Symbian Qt 4.6-2,the Qt Simulator but 'not' the 4.7 beta update takes about 10 minutes. Then start Qt Creator
    Now i have three doubts:
    1: What modifications are required to run a example for Symbian 5th edition / 3rd edition emulator.
    update from Wiki article
    # The following must be added to the 'start' of the path for Symbian 5th Edition kits to work on Vista
    # C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\arm-none-symbianelf\bin;C:\Program Files\CSL Arm Toolchain\libexec\gcc\arm-none-symbianelf\3.4.3;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\tools; rest of %PATH%

2: Why the installer was not working with maemo settings and how will i develope for Maemo in QT Creator now.

from Wiki article update
    During Maemo install there is a problem installing the unsigned Windows driver must be over-ridden. Click "retry", a Red window pops up select the lower/bottom box "Trust the supplier and install" the install continues without error.
    3: The QT Creator installed by Nokia QT sdk beta is Qt Creator 1.3.83 but in doc : http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._SDK_v1.0_Beta its mentioned Installer installer contains QT Creator 2.0 ?
    Yes. Please remember this is probably a BETA kit and Document which is not always correct.

Please check http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...a#Known_Issues as there are several updates.
    Maemo only works on N900 PR1.2 firmware which just came out update to firmware is needed

Thanks Jim Gilmour
    Forum Nokia Wiki Admnistrator