Discussion Board

help: nokia 7650

hi,,
    i bought a 2nd hand nokia 7650 but it doesnt work any more.

what happened was that i took too many pics for the fone to handle. it was running slow and said "memory low delete some data". so i turned it off then on again but that was the end of the fone.

now when i turn the fone on all it says is "nokia" as the start up screen and thats all it does. it just sits there forever.

so i took the fone for repairs "accord customer care" in New Zealand and they tried to reload the software but failed. i paid so much for the fone and now it doesnt work... how sad. currently i dont own a data cable.

and one more question can any one explain how the data cable works.. like do i get a cd with it for the software?

i want to buy a ir port for my pc and try to reflash it.. any help on this..?

any help would be appreciated

Regular Contributor
    A suggestion, although it may not work, but trying won't hurt.

Try this:
    Power off. Remove the battery for a little while. Insert it again and power on. I hope it works for you!

This procedure solved some major hang-ups on my 3650. :-)

tried that

well i tried that but it dont work
    but i found out wat was wrong tho

its the firmware 3.12 problem
    so if i can update the firmware which some one with the same prob has done so it will work

so..
    thx man

Ok. Firstly, don't attempt to flash the phone if you don't know what you are doing. You are running the risk of completely locking up the phone if it is not flashed properly (I guess that is no different than that state it is in now ). From the sounds of it, you may be having a simple software issue.
    I am surprised that the service center was not able to re-flash the phone for you. I know I have done hundreds of flashes on the 7650 and they work good.
    If you are going to attempt to flash the phone (I am making the assumption that you have the right flash files and the Pheonix software), you will have better luck with a data cable and a flash adapter than with an IR port.

Regular Contributor
    Hi again,

Something i read to fix locked up phones (but maybe you tried this as well already):

Remove the MMC and your SIM.

Turn on the phone and let it start up as far as possible (it won't get that far, but wait until it really goes no further).

Turn it off, put back your MMC and SIM and turn it back on.

I hope that fixes your problem.

Good luck :-)