Discussion Board

How to keep Qt CTelephony application active

Hi All,

I have my Qt application that uses CTelephony. I want to use it to log the phone numbers to my own file that
    are answered/missed/dialed.
    Since this is my first project and am new to Symbian, I was experimenting with my app.

I have a problem. As part of the experiment I am able to successfully dial a call.
    But the moment I call DialNewCall(....) API, the call is started and the application is exited.

I also tried requesting NotifyChange() for an incoming call. I do this from my app while it is running.
    But when the call comes, I answer the call and the application is no longer there.
    I want to keep the application alive so that I can get notifications of an incoming call.
    Right now it has GUI with a single button that will do a NotifyChange(). What ideally i want is to keep the application alive and show it nowhere. Simply put, make it a daemon.

Can you help me please!

Thanks,
    Pavan
    Last edited by pcpnokia; 2010-06-03 at 04:43.

Super Contributor

Re: How to keep Qt CTelephony application active

Quote Originally Posted by pcpnokia View Post
    Hi All,

I have my Qt application that uses CTelephony. I want to use it to log the phone numbers to my own file that
    are answered/missed/dialed.
    Since this is my first project and am new to Symbian, I was experimenting with my app.

I have a problem. As part of the experiment I am able to successfully dial a call.
    But the moment I call DialNewCall(....) API, the call is started and the application is exited.

I also tried requesting NotifyChange() for an incoming call. I do this from my app while it is running.
    But when the call comes, I answer the call and the application is no longer there.
    I want to keep the application alive so that I can get notifications of an incoming call.
    Right now it has GUI with a single button that will do a NotifyChange(). What ideally i want is to keep the application alive and show it nowhere. Simply put, make it a daemon.

Can you help me please!

Thanks,
    Pavan

There are two different application one is written in the symbian and the other one is written in the core Qt...

Either of them can run at a time if you want both of them run at a time then go to this below link and study.

Symbian C++ and Qt code together

By the way best of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by rahulvala View Post
    There are two different application one is written in the symbian and the other one is written in the core Qt...

Either of them can run at a time if you want both of them run at a time then go to this below link and study.

Symbian C++ and Qt code together

By the way best of luck...
    You mean to say that only if entire application is either of Qt or Symbian C++ can I keep them running?

Excuse me for this:
    since I am a newbee, I would like to know, in my application, what is specific of Qt and what is specific of Symbian C++..

Thanks a lot for the reply...
    Last edited by pcpnokia; 2010-06-03 at 05:47.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pcpnokia View Post
    You mean to say that only if entire application is either of Qt or Symbian C++ can I keep them running?

Excuse me for this:
    since I am a newbee, I would like to know, in my application, what is specific of Qt and what is specific of Symbian C++..

Thanks a lot for the reply...
    on which plate form you are making your application is important.

In Qt for symbian some class of Symbian C++ are supported or you have to write their extension code.

That's why I told you to study that symbian and Qt code together.

Best regards,