Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Angry symbian application signing and cost details

I am seeing too many post regarding symbian signing process.

1) I also got the information that any symbian application developer organization has to purchase PublisherId from Trust center with cost of $200 which is valid for 1 year but what after 1 year??

2) Again publisherId is not enough to sign symbian application but now needed to have developerId but what cost I need to pay for the same???

3) After this process I can send my application to symbian foundation to sign my application. Will I have to pay here again for subsequent signing??

There is too much detail on symbian developer site but not very focused information regarding the exact process, methods and cost detail available anywhere.

Can any body tell me where can I find very clear idea regarding signing of application?

Can any body tell me what are the different methods of signing?

please provide correct location and information to find all these stuff.

Super Contributor

Re: symbian application signing and cost details

Quote Originally Posted by rohit.shah View Post
    I am seeing too many post regarding symbian signing process.

1) I also got the information that any symbian application developer organization has to purchase PublisherId from Trust center with cost of $200 which is valid for 1 year but what after 1 year??
    you re-new with same cost.
    2) Again publisherId is not enough to sign symbian application but now needed to have developerId but what cost I need to pay for the same???
    publisherId is enough where you got the referance to developerId can you show us, might be some mis-understanding.
    3) After this process I can send my application to symbian foundation to sign my application. Will I have to pay here again for subsequent signing??
    at development time you donot have to pay anything. once you are ready you have to go through express signing (very cheap) or Symbian Signing depending on the capabilities you have used.
    There is too much detail on symbian developer site but not very focused information regarding the exact process, methods and cost detail available anywhere.

Can any body tell me where can I find very clear idea regarding signing of application?

un fortunatly we have information cluttered all around and Forum Nokia and Symbian ORG is working to make it clearer ,...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Perhaps you are confused with the deverlopers certificate and not developers Id. Thats the one which you can sign during your development/test phase before going in for Symbian Signing.

You might want to look around http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Symbian_Signed

Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot. I got much more and it is very good information.