Discussion Board

getting the status of message sent in j2me

As in mobiles we see that after sending the message we get the status of message sent on which ever screen we are.

Ex: When i am on the send message screen and i have sent the message and immediately i am viewing the contacts at the same time a popup comes showing that message is sent and get back.

How can i implement this in my application where it is easy to show alert when we are on the same form but if we are not on the same form then how can i get this status?

Re: getting the status of message sent in j2me

You can setup a call back method in your Network Layer, that notifies the UI Layer to show the result of network process over any current displayable as an Alert independent of the current displayable.

thanks,
    Ekta.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: getting the status of message sent in j2me

Hello jugal.inani,

as slightly related to your original question, just a Java feature suggestion in case of interest for taking application design bit further with platform specific application customization involved:

Latest Symbian devices support soft notifications which are popup notes that are displayed on top of the mobile device home screen. They are used to inform the user of events that have taken place while the user has been away or occupied by another application.

Latest Symbian devices with Nokia UI API 1.3 (S60 5th Edition) support soft notifications. The support on device can be checked with method call java.lang.System.getProperty("com.nokia.mid.ui.softnotification") which will return "true" if this feature is available in the device.

Further information on soft Notifications can be found from Forum Nokia Java Developer's Library:

Java Developer's Library 3.5 > Developer's Guides > UI and graphics > Nokia UI API > Using Nokia UI API > Soft notifications

Java Developer's Library 3.5 > Javadocs > com.nokia.mid.ui

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]