Discussion Board

Wink Mobile phone promotion

hi,
    on friday i got a /sms saying that i hv won a lottery ( 200,000GBP) and they want to send the cheque to me.

below are the detials which i rcved.

pls. advise whats going on here...pls. let me know coz i am really confused.

Nokia House. Summit Avenue Southwood
    Farnborough Hampshire GU14 0NG.
    United Kingdom.

Dear Chakrawarthige Ruchira Jayamal Fernando,
    Congratulations to you once again, on behalf of the management board of NOKIA UNITED KINGDOM. We do beleive that your winnings will be put into good use for community, education and as well business development. Your details has been received and verified. Your certified bank cheque and other empowering documents that will enable you to claim your prize at your country, has been picked up from our office by our accredited ''ACM EXPRESS COURIER LTD ''. The courier service are responsible for the delivery of your certified bank cheque and other empowering documents to your home address. You are required to contact the customer service department of ACM EXPRESS COURIER LTD with the contact details below.

CONTACT PERSON:
    Names: Mr. Rayner Contreras
    Email: acmexpressdelivery@gmail.com
    Telephone: +44 703 1940 586

NOTE:
    1). Services rendered by ACM EXPRESS COURIER LTD are to be paid by you and not ACM EXPRESS COURIER LTD. Have it in mind that nothing can be deducted from your winning prize because it is a certified bank cheque. This is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the national gaming act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners interest and to avoid misappropriation of funds.
    2). You have to contact ACM EXPRESS COURIER LTD with your FULL NAMES, HOME ADDRESS, MOBILE NUMBER, PACKAGE ID (ACM 44-684AQ) and as well as your VERIFICATION NUMBER (VYZ-120-832). Any claim not made before five (5) working days from the date of notification indicate that the winner has voluntarily forfeited his/her winnings.

Yours Sincerely.
    Johnson Walden.
    Tel: +447024036940

WARNNING:
    For Security reasons, you are adviced to keep your winning information EXTREMELY CONFIDENTIAL to avoid double claims by impostors.

unquote

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Mobile phone promotion

That's quite a long SMS And seems to be initiating from Hotmail as well. The email address quoted inside is from Gmail, there is no link to an official Nokia website and they promise you lots and lots of free money.

Why exactly are you confused? It is a scam, you should delete the message and forget about it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

hi,
    but why do they do it under nokia name ? why don't you make an entry at police ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ruchiraf View Post
    but why do they do it under nokia name ?
    Because Nokia is a known brand, while EmailFrauds-WeTakeYourMoney Co. is a less known one.