Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mobile extensions compiling problem.

Hello all! I got a problem with mobile extension. Here is my conf :
    i downloaded QT Nokia SDK (offline version), installed it, tested with small simple application in emulator - everything work's fine. Now i downloaded and installed mobile extension from here http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Mobile_Extensions and try to compile project with Telephony. I edited the .pro file of example , and i got an undefined error :
    Code:
    Exited with code 0.
    Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    Starting: D:/storage/programming/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -w 
    mingw32-make: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    D:/storage/programming/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug 
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    uic ..\telephonyex\telephonyexwindow.ui 
    compiling ../telephonyex/main.cpp 
    compiling ../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp 
    moc ..\telephonyex\telephonyexwindow.h 
    compiling debug/moc_telephonyexwindow.cpp 
    linking debug\TelephonyEx.exe 
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    mingw32-make: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    debug/telephonyexwindow.o: In function `TelephonyExWindow': 
    D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\XQ\extensions\examples\TelephonyEx-build/../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp:9: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephonyC1EP7QObject' 
    D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\XQ\extensions\examples\TelephonyEx-build/../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp:12: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony19startMonitoringLineEv' 
    D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\XQ\extensions\examples\TelephonyEx-build/../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp:9: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephonyC1EP7QObject' 
    D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\XQ\extensions\examples\TelephonyEx-build/../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp:12: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony19startMonitoringLineEv' 
    debug/telephonyexwindow.o:D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\XQ\extensions\examples\TelephonyEx-build/../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp:32: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony4callERK7QString' 
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\TelephonyEx.exe] Error 1 
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2 
    Exited with code 2.
    Error while building project TelephonyEx (target: Qt Simulator)
    When executing build step 'Make'
    That is the problem? debug and release version error's are same..

Super Contributor

Re: Mobile extensions compiling problem.

You might have some installation problem.

For Telephony API in Qt just check this: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...one_call_in_Qt

Best regards,

This is an exsample from mobile ext., not my code.
    Installation problems with mobile extension?Becouse other projects (w/o mobile ext.) compilling well.

Super Contributor

Some of the Extensions will eventually be replaced by the products coming from the QtMobility project at Qt. However, the timeframe for those deliveries is not yet established so you will still need to use the Mobile Extensions for the time being. See QtMobility for more details.

Again follow the same step and attach all extension to the Qt SDK.

Best regards,

Again follow the same step and attach all extension to the Qt SDK.
    Do you recommend me to reinstall the mobile extensions (as described in wikipedia), and add them to the Qt SDK, but how do I add them to the SDK?

Mobile extensions compiling problem

Hello all! I got a problem with mobile extension. Here is my conf :
    i downloaded QT Nokia SDK (offline version), installed it, tested with small simple application in emulator - everything work's fine. Now i downloaded and installed mobile extension from here http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Mobile_Extensions and try to compile project with Telephony. I edited the .pro file of example , and i got an undefined error :
    Code:
    Exited with code 0.
    Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    Starting: D:/storage/programming/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -w 
    mingw32-make: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    D:/storage/programming/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug 
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    compiling debug/moc_telephonyexwindow.cpp 
    linking debug\TelephonyEx.exe 
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    mingw32-make: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/XQ/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build' 
    debug/telephonyexwindow.o: In function `TelephonyExWindow': 
    debug/telephonyexwindow.o:D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\XQ\extensions\examples\TelephonyEx-build/../telephonyex/telephonyexwindow.cpp:32: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony4callERK7QString' 
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\TelephonyEx.exe] Error 1 
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2 
    Exited with code 2.
    Error while building project TelephonyEx (target: Qt Simulator)
    When executing build step 'Make'
    That is the problem? debug and release version error's are same..

I uninstalled all Qt stuff, cleaned registry for qt and symbian..
    Reinstalled :
    1. Carbide + ActivePerl + Symbian S60 SDK + CSL;
    2. Setuped Nokia QT SDK (full)
    3. Setuped Mobile Extensions (like said in wiki)
    and projects still wont compile... In wiki said what :
    # Simpler usage:

* "system include" directory containing all public headers added
    * Only LIBS += xq* is needed in .pro files
    But i tryed to do that
    #-------------------------------------------------
    #
    # Project created by QtCreator 2010-06-09T14:02:42
    #

QT += core gui

TARGET = QXTest
    TEMPLATE = app
    LIBS += xqtelephony
    SOURCES += main.cpp\
    widget.cpp
    INCLUDEPATH += D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\MEP3\extensions\include
    HEADERS += widget.h

FORMS += widget.ui
    And nothing.. just error :
    :: error: xqtelephony: No such file or directory
    What i'am doing wrong?

Re: Mobile extensions compiling problem

I uninstalled all Qt stuff, cleaned registry for qt and symbian..
    Reinstalled :
    1. Carbide + ActivePerl + Symbian S60 SDK + CSL;
    2. Setuped Nokia QT SDK (full)
    3. Setuped Mobile Extensions (like said in wiki)
    and projects still wont compile... In wiki said what :
    # Simpler usage:

* "system include" directory containing all public headers added
    * Only LIBS += xq* is needed in .pro files
    But i tryed to do that
    #
    # Project created by QtCreator 2010-06-09T14:02:42
    #

QT += core gui

TARGET = QXTest
    TEMPLATE = app
    LIBS += xqtelephony
    SOURCES += main.cpp\
    widget.cpp
    INCLUDEPATH += D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\MEP3\extensions\include
    HEADERS += widget.h

FORMS += widget.ui
    And nothing.. just error :
    :: error: xqtelephony: No such file or directory
    What i'am doing wrong?

Today.. i edited .pro fle like this :
    TARGET = TelephonyEx
    TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp \
    telephonyexwindow.cpp

HEADERS += telephonyexwindow.h

FORMS += telephonyexwindow.ui

INCLUDEPATH += ..\..\include \
    D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include
    QMAKE_LIBDIR += D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb \

LIBS += -lxqtelephony
    And.. still got my "first" errors :
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x337): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony4callERK7QString'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x540): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephonyC1EP7QObject'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x57f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony19startMonitoringLineEv'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x610): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephonyC1EP7QObject'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x64f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony19startMonitoringLineEv'

Super Contributor

Is that list of undefined references the entire set that you're using, or only a subset. If a subset I'd suspect a mismatch between the .h file and the library.

I suspect that the library compiled under a different version of Qt (4.5), where my version is 4.6.3. This can be a problem, and what may be the solution? Because I need to get such access to telephony as it is in qxtelephony..

Super Contributor

The linker complains because it is not able to find those symbols. I suspect that the linker is not able to find xqtelephony.
    Actually I cannot see any relation with this problem and Qt.

Anyway I think that it should work if you add a "-Lpath_to_the_libarary" to the LIBS variable.

A edited the .pro file like this :
    TARGET = TelephonyEx
    TEMPLATE = app
    SOURCES += \
    main.cpp \
    telephonyexwindow.cpp
    HEADERS += \
    telephonyexwindow.h
    INCLUDEPATH += ..\..\include \
    D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include
    QMAKE_LIBDIR += D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb
    LIBS += -lxqtelephony
    And get the same linker error :
    "D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -w
    mingw32-make: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/ext/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build'
    d:\storage\programming\qtsymbian\simulator\qt\mingw\bin\qmake.exe -spec ..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++ CONFIG+=release -o Makefile ..\telephonyex\TelephonyEx.pro
    mingw32-make: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/ext/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build'
    mingw32-make: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/ext/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build'
    D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/ext/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build'
    compiling release/moc_telephonyexwindow.cpp
    linking release\TelephonyEx.exe
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/ext/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build'
    mingw32-make: Leaving directory `D:/storage/programming/QtSymbian/ext/extensions/examples/TelephonyEx-build'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x337): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony4callERK7QString'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x540): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephonyC1EP7QObject'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x57f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony19startMonitoringLineEv'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x610): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephonyC1EP7QObject'
    release/telephonyexwindow.o:telephonyexwindow.cpp.text+0x64f): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11XQTelephony19startMonitoringLineEv'
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [release\TelephonyEx.exe] Error 1
    mingw32-make: *** [release] Error 2
    The process of "D: / storage/programming/QtSymbian/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" exited with code% 2.
    There was an error when building the project TelephonyEx (target: Emulator Qt)
    May be this is because of http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ail-on-startup
    ? I will try to re-build like said in post..but i think i will be not able to run in QT SYMBIAN EMULATOR

So... i copied the telephony library sources into project dir, deleted telephony.pro, changed telephony.pri to
    DEFINES += XQTELEPHONY_NO_LIBRARY
    HEADERS += xqtelephony.h \
    xqtelephony_p.h \
    ccalldialer.h \
    ctelephonymonitor.h

SOURCES += xqtelephony.cpp \
    xqtelephony_p.cpp \
    ccalldialer.cpp \
    ctelephonymonitor.cpp

LIBS += -letel3rdparty \
    -lcntmodel \
    -lbafl \
    -lefsrv \
    -lestor \
    -lexiflib.dll
    #symbian:LIBS += -letel3rdparty \
    # -lcntmodel \
    # -lbafl \
    # -lefsrv \
    # -lestor \
    # -lexiflib.dll
    Edited telephony example .pro to
    TARGET = TelephonyEx
    TEMPLATE = app
    SOURCES += \
    main.cpp \
    telephonyexwindow.cpp
    HEADERS += \
    telephonyexwindow.h
    include (telephony.pri)
    #symbian:TARGET.CAPABILITY += All -TCB -AllFiles -DRM \
    # NetworkServices
    #symbian:TARGET.EPOCALLOWDLLDATA = 1
    And FIRST tried to compile it in to symbian emulator(with CSL/GCCE compiler, not qt simulator) and got these errors :

After that i cleaned project folder and tried to compile it in to QT SYMBIAN emulator (with mingw from QT NOKIAD SDK) and got many errors ...

and i think this is because of what gcc from QT NOKIA SDK does not support those types for embed symbian..
    Now I do not have the device with symbian S60, and I can not check it on device. But the Symbian emulator (from carbide) does not run on my system. Why - I do not know ..
    How can i solve this problem?
    This is my detected Qt version in QtCreator :

MY %PATH% contain these paths :
    D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include;D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\mingw\bin;
    D:\storage\programming\Perl\site\bin;D:\storage\programming\Perl\bin;D:\storage\programming\Carbide\x86Build\Symbian_Tools\Command_Line_Tools;D:\Symbian\tools;D:\storage\programming\CSL\bin;
    Last edited by andrewshkovskii; 2010-06-12 at 17:35.

I fixed the error with compiling into symbian emulator by changing Qt version to S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0(Qt 4.6.3) in project settings, and ... i still got an error..run error , the poject just do not wont to start (or symbian emulator..) and i got an error message :
    Starting D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\TelephonyEx.exe...
    D:\storage\programming\QtSymbian\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\TelephonyEx.exe exited with code -1073741515

Starting D:\storage\programming\SySDK\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\TelephonyEx.exe...
    D:\storage\programming\SySDK\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb\TelephonyEx.exe exited with code 100
    So, i think it's emulator problems, because then i try to launch epoc ( from S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\winscw\udeb) its crush :
    AppName: epoc.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 6373722e
    I am very tired, tell me please what I'm doing wrong? I have installed the symbian sdk(SDK with cls, Carbide, perl, open c/c++ plugin) like it said in video tutorials from troll's..i installed the QT NOKIA SDK full installation.. the %PATH% var is ok.. what is wrong with my life??:/
    Last edited by andrewshkovskii; 2010-06-12 at 18:57.