Discussion Board

Thread: Todays Post

Nokia Developer Moderator

Todays Post

I see 'Todays Posts' when I am not logged in, but when I am logged in I see only 'new Posts' option. I personally used to use todays post as a more convinent way to see both the read and unread posts. While the new posts option is ok, but 'Todays post' really gave a better experience especially when you want to go back to your recently answered thread to update/add some details( a convinent option especially when you missed seeing what sub-forum it was under).

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Todays Post

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    I see 'Todays Posts' when I am not logged in, but when I am logged in I see only 'new Posts' option. I personally used to use todays post as a more convinent way to see both the read and unread posts. While the new posts option is ok, but 'Todays post' really gave a better experience especially when you want to go back to your recently answered thread to update/add some details( a convinent option especially when you missed seeing what sub-forum it was under).
    it should work the other way around always see Today's Post and only see New post if logged in. I'll report this bug.

Super Contributor

If both the options(New Posts, Today's Post ) are available then it's too good.

Rahul

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    it should work the other way around always see Today's Post and only see New post if logged in. I'll report this bug.
    Sorry for the delayed reply. But I guess you understood it wrong. If what you say is correct, then it does appear correct. But I was thinking that the 'todays post' concept is pretty important as explained in my first post for a logged in user too. Would be good to have it back. From what is written in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...nvisited-links looks like the reading habits of many users seem similar(although the topic there is different, need seems same).

It would be good if we also get the options to quickly list the post, on which we do not have any replies till now - after login.
    Thanks,
    Ekta

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by ektasrv View Post
    It would be good if we also get the options to quickly list the post, on which we do not have any replies till now - after login.
    I'll see if vBulletin software has this option, the last version did not have this. Until then you need to subscribe to every post to watch it.

Ron