Discussion Board

HTTP Connection on Nokia 7650

Hi everyone!

I am developing a MIDlet wich connects via an HTTP connection to a webserver. It's working fine on the emulator, but I've got some problems with the 7650.

The application stays pending indefinitely when trying to connect to the server and nothing seems to happen then. Plus, I get no trace at all of any connection on the server side. I don't know what to do with that phone,
    From the phone browser I can see the tomcat welcome page, that mean my connection is correct.
    Some time I get Error
    Connection to the host “<IP Address>” at port 80 has failed. Want to reset the network?
    I tried with different ports as well like 80 / 8080 / 9090 etc..

Did anybody experience the same problem? Anyone has got a clue on this?

Thank you

The same problem..

Hi everyone !

I've got exactly the same problem.
    I have a code piece that simply open the HTTP connection and reads server response from it.

This code works fine on the Nokia 6610 but failes on 7650.

If you already have a solution for it could you please share it ?

Thanks !

HTTP Connection on Nokia 7650

Hi All,

I got the solution to my HttpConnection issue, for Nokia 7650 (software 4.46).

It seems this version not supporting the HTTP property "IF-Modified-Since". I am not sure it is a bug or what.

When I commented this line, my application started working fine on Nokia 7650.

thanks,
    Vijay

Hi Vijay..

My name is Darshan Patel....I am in my final year, and my thesis topic is on quick text entry via voice. I am a bit lost in this matter. I need to program keys via voice input. Is it possible to do this and if so...how do I go about solving it.

I'm sorry that...I know this has nothing to do with networking, but I thought maybe you got some answers or you could direct me to someone who does.

Thank you