Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to Register User Interface MTMs

Is there any way to register and unregister the menu options that are displayed under the "Create New Message" menu of the messaging application. AT&T removed the "Email" option from the "New Message" menu that is shown by the Messaging application and the only way to get it back is by installing their XpressMail application or some other messaging application like Nokia Email, they also removed the "Email Settings" and changed the Setup mailbox link so that it tells you to download their XpressMail app in order to setup an email account.

I like the native email application so I created an application to create new Pop3 or Imap mailboxes and it works almost like a charm, the new mailbox shows up on the Messaging application, I can open it and view all my messages, I can edit the account settings through the "Email Settings" link when I'm inside the mailbox folder, and I can even create new messages by replying to an existing one, but I still don't have the "Email" option under the new message menu, nor the Email section under the Settings dialog of the Messaging application so I'd like to add this?

So these are my questions:

1- Is there any way for me to register these menu options to work with native email and settings editors?

2- If the answer to #1 is no, how can I register these options to use my own custom made editors?

3- Is there any way to access the native email editor programatically from my application?

TIA,
    Fernan

Regular Contributor

Re: How to Register User Interface MTMs

According to the SDK ( Symbian OS v9.2 > Examples > Messaging example code > Messaging Text MTM example code ) there should be an example of what I'm looking for on "examples/Messaging/TextMTM/txtin" on the SDK folder but it is not there

And my luck is such that all the code for all the projects on that Application are listed on the SDK Help except the one that I'm looking for ( the txtin project ) which is the one that registers the MTM. Does anyone knows where I can find this example?

Super Contributor

Regular Contributor

Use search engine of website: http://www.forum.nokia.com/basic-sea...x=1&s=fe&k=MTM
    keyword: MTM
    you can get what u want.