Discussion Board

QBluetooth problem

Hi

Did somebody use this library before ?? I use this library to control bluetooth, but I get many problems.

When I use the function of 'startDiscovery' to search a service for bt device, it always return the error code '0'. This error code means 'Service Discovery Not Able To Complete', but I don't know how to solve this problem. The following is the code which used to searching device service.

QBtServiceDiscoverer* serviceDisc;
    serviceDisc = new QBtServiceDiscoverer(this);

connect(serviceDisc, SIGNAL(newServiceFound(const QBtDevice&, const QBtService&)),
    this, SLOT(newServiceFound(const QBtDevice&, const QBtService&)));
    connect(serviceDisc, SIGNAL(error (QBtServiceDiscoverer::ServiceDiscoveryError)),
    this, SLOT(GetError (QBtServiceDiscoverer::ServiceDiscoveryError)));

serviceDisc->startDiscovery(DVBtDev, QBtConstants::SerialPort ); // 'DVBtDev' is device information form 'QBtDeviceDiscoverer' function.

Thanks for the help

Tzeng

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QBluetooth problem

Did you compiled it with the following capabilities?

TARGET.CAPABILITY = LocalServices \
    NetworkServices \
    ReadUserData \
    UserEnvironment \
    WriteUserData

Thanks for replay

I have added that to *.pro file.

I try to use the below function to know if the discovery is started. But the slot function of 'DiscoveryStart' will not be executed. I also have used the function of 'QBtDevicesDiscovery' to search device, and it works fine. So I am confused by this question. Anyone can provide better advises ??

QObject::connect(serviceDisc, SIGNAL(discoveryStarted()),this, SLOT(DiscoveryStart()));

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jwzeng0312 View Post
    Thanks for replay

I have added that to *.pro file.

I try to use the below function to know if the discovery is started. But the slot function of 'DiscoveryStart' will not be executed. I also have used the function of 'QBtDevicesDiscovery' to search device, and it works fine. So I am confused by this question. Anyone can provide better advises ??

QObject::connect(serviceDisc, SIGNAL(discoveryStarted()),this, SLOT(DiscoveryStart()));

You must see this discussion in the wiki article of QBluetooth.

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...etooth_library

Best regards,