Discussion Board

Thread: command type

Regular Contributor

command type

To create a command, we have to give the command type. For example,
    Command.OK , Command.SCREEN
    But the purpose of the command type is just to give us information that how we will use that command.
    For example, we use the command type as Command.BACK.
    But if we want to move back to the previous screen after choosing a button, it is not enough that only using Command.BACK type. We have to write the coding ourselves to move back to the previous screen. Is that right?

My questions may be very stupid for you. But your answers are very important for me. And I don't want to miss any one of them. How can I find all my questions? In the search box, I enter my user name "komomo" and try to search all my questions. But it just shows some of them. I am afraid of being that I forget what I have asked and forget to read your answers because I can not use the Internet everyday. What should I do?
    Last edited by komomo; 2010-06-14 at 04:46.

Re: command type

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by komomo View Post
    We have to write the coding ourselves to move back to the previous screen. Is that right?
    Yes, you are right. We have to imlement what should happen, when a command is fired in the command listener.

Quote Originally Posted by komomo View Post
    How can I find all my questions?
    An easy method is subscribe to the threads you have started or to which u have posted a reply. Then, when u login, you will see a link 'Subscribed Threads'. Click on it to get all the subscribed threads.

Another method is to go to your 'profile' and you would find some link like 'Find all posts by XXXX'. You can go to someones profile by clicking on their names or avathar displayed on the left side of the post. So, try clicking on your own name!
    -Roopesh.
    (http://trivialdust.blogspot.com/)

f we want to move back to the previous screen after choosing a button, it is not enough that only using Command.BACK type. We have to write the coding ourselves to move back to the previous screen. Is that right?
    Yes, you have to Implement your own - solution approach can be, that every screen has a reference to the previous screen displayable Object and if user presses Back you just set that as the current displayable.

My questions may be very stupid for you. But your answers are very important for me. And I don't want to miss any one of them. How can I find all my questions? In the search box, I enter my user name "komomo" and try to search all my questions. But it just shows some of them. I am afraid of being that I forget what I have asked and forget to read your answers because I can not use the Internet everyday. What should I do?
    Just click on subscribe to this thread on the Top of your Post under Thread Tools menu.
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Super Contributor

yes u have to write the code for every action u wanna perform. For your threads just check out All threads of urs in ur profile at Forum Nokia
    thanks,
    jitu_goldie..

KEEP TRYING..