Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

J2ME Application on Sony Window Mobile

Hello to all,
    My J2Me Application runs on the nokia Phone.
    But not on the window mobile.
    I wan to run this application on Sony window Mobile.

Can Anybody tell me, How can i do.

Super Contributor

Re: J2ME Application on Sony Window Mobile

you might want to ask in the SE forums ?
    Also have you checked what API's are supported by the JVM installed on that WM device ?
    The JVM's installed on Windows Mobile devices moslty are very very limited, and are limited to the bare minimum to support cldc and MIDP 2.0, every extra API is mainly left out...

Super Contributor

Sony Ericsson's developer discussion forums are here: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wp...um?cc=gb&lc=en

Quote Originally Posted by nitinverma274 View Post
    Hello to all,
    My J2Me Application runs on the nokia Phone.
    But not on the window mobile.
    I wan to run this application on Sony window Mobile.

Can Anybody tell me, How can i do.
    Check if your Sony Windows Mobile device - has pre-installed JVM and other Java games/apps are working on it.
    If not search the Internet for JVM which suites that device, then install your J2me app on it. If your J2me app uses any API other then MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0... again check the spec's of JVM Installed on the device for support of such API's or comment them out.
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Super Contributor

please try to limit the answers to new information/help instead of actually repeating what has been already said, so that we have less cluttering on this Forum.
    thx...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger79 View Post
    you might want to ask in the SE forums ?
    Also have you checked what API's are supported by the JVM installed on that WM device ?
    The JVM's installed on Windows Mobile devices moslty are very very limited, and are limited to the bare minimum to support cldc and MIDP 2.0, every extra API is mainly left out...
    Quote Originally Posted by ektasrv View Post
    Check if your Sony Windows Mobile device - has pre-installed JVM and other Java games/apps are working on it.
    If not search the Internet for JVM which suites that device, then install your J2me app on it. If your J2me app uses any API other then MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.0... again check the spec's of JVM Installed on the device for support of such API's or comment them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger79 View Post
    please try to limit the answers to new information/help instead of actually repeating what has been already said, so that we have less cluttering on this Forum.
    thx...
    @Tiger - Sorry if you felt that I was trying to wrote something that you already wrote, but I was trying to emphasize on the point Check if your Sony Windows Mobile device - has pre-installed JVM and other Java games/apps are working on it. If not search the Internet for JVM which suites that device, then install your J2me app on it.
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Super Contributor

Well, there are only a couple of WM compatible JVM's, also depending on the version of WM obviously...
    One is from IBM...
    Actually I would never ever advice to replace a JVM on a WM device if the other JVM is NOT supplied or supported by the manufacturer of the device...
    Also searching the net for a JVM and installing a j2me app on it just wont work that easily, let's say you found the JVM and a j2me app, now you have to install that JVM (replacing the already existing one) on a device... Again that might go completely wrong and it might even nullify your warranty of the device...

Yes, as Tiger said don't try to replace your JVM, but if NO JVM is pre-installed on your device get one from internet which is comparitable with your device and install it before trying J2me app's on it.
    Thanks,
    Ekta