Discussion Board

Thread: Ovi GPS voices

Ovi GPS voices

Although not really a developer question maybe someone here can help me out anyhow...
    I'm using the Ovi Maps (v3.03) and was wondering if it is possible to somehow integrate custom user created voices into the Navigation...

Anyone?

Cheers!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Ovi GPS voices

have you checked this one already: http://store.ovi.com/content/34132

Stuartcvl

I want to create Celebrity Ovi Voices and sell them through my publisher account, is thier a toolkit for the Ovi Voice yet? I have already made one to give away, a Chris Tarrant one which is on the Ovi Voice site, the voice is fine but want to edit the prompts as they need cutting so the prompts play better together and wondered is a toolkit is on the way so I can create more voices?

Thanks
    Stuart

Nokia Developer Expert

haven't seen possibility on selling those, though haven't really searched, anyway, see the site: http://www.comms.ovi.com/m/p/ovi/01%20SITE/, do a bit of googling, ans well as see whether the site has any email addresses you could ask for further instructions.

Stuartcvl

Thanks for your reply, I am of course well aware of Ovi Voice and the ability to record your own voice etc and upload to server, what I want to do is give customers what they want which is Celebrity Voices, I could give them away for free of course but hey have to feed my dog. I have sent a couple of emails to support and to no avail, they may be going to the wrong place I don't know, just seems odd to create Ovi Voice and then not add the ability to publish your own voices.

Stuart

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartcvl View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I am of course well aware of Ovi Voice and the ability to record your own voice etc and upload to server, what I want to do is give customers what they want which is Celebrity Voices, I could give them away for free of course but hey have to feed my dog. I have sent a couple of emails to support and to no avail, they may be going to the wrong place I don't know, just seems odd to create Ovi Voice and then not add the ability to publish your own voices.

Stuart
    Perhaps Nokia is reserving the ability to sell additional celebrity or cartoon (like Homer Simpson or whatever) to themselves or specific publishers?

Nokia Developer Expert

I have not seen any commercially available vices yet, though onyl tested the application briefly. Would definetely think that if there would be a defined packaging etc stuff made for it, it would be included in developer programs, currently I would think that it is more or less beta-labs type of thing that is just early version and it might be continued to be better if there is enough interest for it.

Stuartcvl

I am sure they well might but third party developers will always have a presence which this kind of content, to get the real Celebrity you have to purchase the licence which is why these voices are so expensive (£7.99) this is far too much for a sat nav voice, we know from experience that many people don't like the sound of there own voice on the gps, but they do like the kids etc and also like add on voices. We have always said for years the sat nav voice is the ringtone for gps and has huge potential but customers will not pay £7.99 for an app.