Discussion Board

QT Blutooth module not available in Nokia QT SDK (QT 4.6.3)

We are developing an application for S60 & maemo which requires file transfer using bluetooth.
    For this, I found QT blutooth module (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtextended4....othmodule.html) which provides blutooth APIs which will work as a wrapper over native Symbian/ Maemo bluetooth framework APIs so that the same code could be used for both.
    But this Bluetooth Module is available in QT extended 4.4. I couldn't find such APIs in the QT mobility Project APIs. So I want to know:
    1) Are any QT APIs for Blutooth available for QT 4.6.3 / 4.7 to be used with Nokia QT SDK?
    2) If not, is there any workaround to use the QT extended APIs with Nokia QT SDK (includes QT 4.6.3) ?

Regards,
    Suyash.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QT Blutooth module not available in Nokia QT SDK (QT 4.6.3)

Qt Extended (of which the Qt Bluetooth module is part of) is the former Qtopia, a discontinued project. Qt Mobility does not have Bluetooth support currently, but support will be added in the future.

How can you use the Qt Extended libraries with the Nokia Qt SDK? Simple. Find it and use it. But project's documentation says

Qt Extended is a selection of modules for Qt enabling optimized software development for embedded Linux devices.
    and AFAIK it never worked on Symbian.

(BTW, QT = Apple's QuickTime, nothing to do with Qt and not available on Maemo/MeeGo or Symbian devices)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

On Maemo normally bluez is used. http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/ However, you will unlikely be able to make it fly with Nokia Qt SDK and should consider using scratchbox.

Thanks Itomuta for correcting me for Qt (not QT). Actually, I am pretty new to Qt development.
    For Symbian, we will be using the symbian APIs only for bluetooth and Qt for the application UI.

divanov, so you suggest using scratchbox for trying the bluez APIs for Maemo? As I mentioned, I am new to Qt & maemo and have directly started with the Nokia Qt SDK. Correct me if I am wrong, for trying the BlueZ APIs on scratchbox I will have to use Maemo SDK virtual Image as I am using windows machine for my development?

Super Contributor

Note first capitalized letter in the name of the platform. You can easily install Ubuntu on your machine, it's free.

There is also this one if you are interested (third party library).
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...etooth_library

It is only for Symbian. If you only want to send some files using Bluetooth I think this will help you.