Discussion Board

NokiaQTSDk problems

Hello,
    I have installed NokiaQtSdk, and created a simple application which uses the QtMobility, to read the GPS coordinates. I works properly with QTSimulator, but when i switch to symbian, it does not find the include files for QTMobility:

Code:
    WARNING: Can't find following headers in System Include Path 
    <QtLocation\QGeoPositionInfoSource.h> <QtLocation\qgeopositioninfo.h> 
    (Sys Inc Paths "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtCore\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtCore\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtGui\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtGui\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtLocation\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtLocation\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs\common\symbian\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs\common\symbian\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\sys\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\stdapis\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\stdapis\sys\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\oem\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\middleware\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\middleware\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\osextensions\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\osextensions\loc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\middleware\loc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\osextensions\loc\sc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\middleware\loc\sc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\stlport\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\stdapis\stlport\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\moc\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\moc\tmp\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\ui\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\ui\tmp\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\variant" "c:/nokiaqtsdk/symbian/gcce/lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.3.3/include\")
    I'm using win7 (x64) . I have installed nokiaqtsd a few times. As i understand, it comes with Qtmobility. Do i have to install something else, besides NokiaQtSDK, in order to be able to compile the application to symbian too, not only for QTEmulator?

Super Contributor

Re: NokiaQTSDk problems

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoft View Post
    Hello,
    I have installed NokiaQtSdk, and created a simple application which uses the QtMobility, to read the GPS coordinates. I works properly with QTSimulator, but when i switch to symbian, it does not find the include files for QTMobility:

Code:
    WARNING: Can't find following headers in System Include Path 
    <QtLocation\QGeoPositionInfoSource.h> <QtLocation\qgeopositioninfo.h> 
    (Sys Inc Paths "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtCore\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtCore\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtGui\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtGui\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtLocation\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtLocation\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs\common\symbian\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\mkspecs\common\symbian\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\sys\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\stdapis\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\stdapis\sys\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\oem\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\middleware\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\middleware\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\osextensions\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\osextensions\loc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\middleware\loc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\osextensions\loc\sc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\domain\middleware\loc\sc\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\stlport\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\stdapis\stlport\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\moc\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\moc\tmp\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\ui\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\ui\tmp\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\" "\tmp\junk\GPSTEst\tmp\" "\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\variant" "c:/nokiaqtsdk/symbian/gcce/lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.3.3/include\")
    I'm using win7 (x64) . I have installed nokiaqtsd a few times. As i understand, it comes with Qtmobility. Do i have to install something else, besides NokiaQtSDK, in order to be able to compile the application to symbian too, not only for QTEmulator?
    Qt Mobility comes with Nokia Qt SDK. After you have installed Nokia Qt SDK, if you have a Symbian device, you can install Qt and Qt Mobility libraries to your device from:

Windows start menu -> Nokia Qt SDK beta -> Symbian -> "Install Qt libraries/QtMobility to Symbian Device"

See here : http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...up_Qt_Mobility

Best regards,

Super Contributor

Did you add
    Code:
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += location
    to .pro file?
    Do you use
    Code:
    using namespace QtMobility;
    in header file?
    Last edited by divanov; 2010-06-21 at 08:07. Reason: s/systeminfo/location/

Yes, i added the settings for project.. and deployed the sys to the phone. The problem was that the compile for symbian was not working, and i couldn't create a symbian application, to test it on the real hardware. It was working (the compile) for QTSimulator, but not for symbian.
    The fix was to extract qt-mobility-symbian-opensource-1.0.0\qt-mobility-1.0.0-epoc32-5.0.zip to C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK. Maybe it will be usefull for somebody else.

Also, it could be nice to have this files included to nokiaqtdsk install.

Thanks for the replies

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoft View Post
    Also, it could be nice to have this files included to nokiaqtdsk install.
    Qt Mobility is part of Nokia Qt SDK in all three targets. The reason they were missing probably related to installater failure on your system.

I have the same problem headers are missing. The sdk always had problems in the beta rc and so on but this is unusable spending my time fixing stuff instead of developing.

Nokia Developer Expert

I've just applied the fix described in the fix but it still doesn't work. I have the same problem with headers not found. In the bug log there is a strange comment from Liu XiaoGuo:
    "Actually, the correct path for extracting the files is:
    \NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\features
    For Qt for Symbian 4.6.3 release, the path is:
    \Qt\4.6.3\mkspecs\features"
    Anybody successed with the patch described and the last SDK published 23 June 2010?

Nicola

I've fixed the problem. The patch is OK.
    My problem was related with some of this file that are not properly deleted when I cleaned up the directory project.
    .make.cache
    Makefile
    Makefile_0xE32df274.mk
    bld.inf
    flickrdemo.loc
    flickrdemo.pro.user
    flickrdemo.rss
    flickrdemo.sis
    flickrdemo_0xE32df274.mmp
    flickrdemo_installer.pkg
    flickrdemo_reg.rss
    flickrdemo_template.pkg