Discussion Board

Thread: Wiki stylesheet

Super Contributor

Wiki stylesheet

Some issues with page appearance on the wiki.

* Tables (with "border=1") appear without borders.

* Bullet points have a very tight line spacing. Space between points is fine, but when a single bullet point wraps to multiple lines, the spacing is too tight.

* Line-spacing on paragraphs in a table cell is also too tight, unless you wrap the paragraph in <p../>, but then it ignores the cell's valign attribute.

Graham.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Wiki stylesheet

Quote Originally Posted by grahamhughes View Post
    Some issues with page appearance on the wiki.
    * Tables (with "border=1") appear without borders.
    Unfortunately as we are using shared global styles, just adding border="1" no longer works. In order to have bordered tables you will need to use the class "bordered". See the style guide for reference http://www.forum.nokia.com/Styleguide/

* Bullet points have a very tight line spacing. Space between points is fine, but when a single bullet point wraps to multiple lines, the spacing is too tight.
    This is as per the approved design and this style is used all over Forum Nokia. An example page is:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/Other_Technologies/

* Line-spacing on paragraphs in a table cell is also too tight, unless you wrap the paragraph in <p../>, but then it ignores the cell's valign attribute.
    The line height is a shared global setting and is as per the approved design. Could you provide an example of where this looks wrong and I'll see if I can add a tweak to the wiki styles or recommend a workaround.

Super Contributor

Take a look at this, for example. Where the bullet points wrap to a second line, the line spacing is way too tight. I don't believe anyone looked at it and thought "yup, that's the look we're after!". I'm sure the intention was for all paragraphs to have the same line spacing.

Tables. I've added class=bordered, that works fine, thanks! But the line spacing in the cells is too tight. You'll see in the table under "application error". I could work around by wrapping the content in "<p>...</p>".

Nokia Developer Moderator

It is not only the line wrapping of bullet points, whenever the bullet-level increases, its first line is just too close to its parent. Numbered examples are 2->2.1 and 3.9->3.9.1 in the generated contents box, an arrowed example is below the "One big disadvantage:" paragraph.
    I can see it with Chrome and IE8, so it is probably not an individual experience of mine.

Super Contributor

Yes, in that case, I would expect it to be a paragraph-space, but it's actually even tighter than a normal line-space.