Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

QtMobility without Multimedia

Hi all
    I have installed the Nokia Qt SDK on windows (I think without errors). If i try to use the multimedia modules from QtMobility, it doesn't work. Other modules (SystemInfo e.g.) work. But if i try to include header file <qmediaplayer.h> or <qmediaplaylist.h> it doesn't find the file. If I look into the QtMobility folder "C:/NokiaQtSDK/Simulator/QtMobility/msvc2008/include" I cannot find the QtMultimedia folder. The other folders exist. Has something went wrong when I installed the SDK or is the QtMultimedia API not included in the Nokia Qt SDK? What do I have to do in order to be able to use it? Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Luki

Super Contributor

Re: QtMobility without Multimedia

Quote Originally Posted by lukiluuk View Post
    Hi all
    I have installed the Nokia Qt SDK on windows (I think without errors). If i try to use the multimedia modules from QtMobility, it doesn't work. Other modules (SystemInfo e.g.) work. But if i try to include header file <qmediaplayer.h> or <qmediaplaylist.h> it doesn't find the file. If I look into the QtMobility folder "C:/NokiaQtSDK/Simulator/QtMobility/msvc2008/include" I cannot find the QtMultimedia folder. The other folders exist. Has something went wrong when I installed the SDK or is the QtMultimedia API not included in the Nokia Qt SDK? What do I have to do in order to be able to use it? Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Luki
    Hi
    QtMultimedia is part of Qt itself. The multimedia framework on Mobility is called "Media". I checked my Nokia Qt SDK on linux and the following include files are missing.
    Code:
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylistControl
    /usr/include/QMediaTimeInterval
    /usr/include/QMediaTimeRange
    /usr/include/QMediaServiceProvider
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylistIOPlugin
    /usr/include/QMediaPlayerControl
    /usr/include/QMediaRecorder
    /usr/include/QMediaControl
    /usr/include/QMediaRecorderControl
    /usr/include/QMediaPlayer
    /usr/include/QMediaResource
    /usr/include/QMediaContainerControl
    /usr/include/QLocalMediaPlaylistProvider
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylistWriter
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylistReader
    /usr/include/QMediaServiceProviderPlugin
    /usr/include/QMediaObject
    /usr/include/QMediaService
    /usr/include/QMediaStreamsControl
    /usr/include/QMediaImageViewer
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylistProvider
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylist
    /usr/include/QMediaContent
    /usr/include/QMediaPlaylistNavigator
    /usr/include/QMediaServiceProviderHint
    Anyhow I'm still running the beta.. maybe it has been fixed in the latest version

Regular Contributor

Re: QtMobility without Multimedia

Looks like it has been fixed. I ran the update manager from QtCreator and updated the Qt Mobility sources. Now it can find all files. But when I compile, it tells me that a certain function (setMediaObject(QMediaObject*) in qmediaplaylist.h) is declared as protected, an I cannot use it therefore. If I look into the sources from the Simulator (C:\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\mingw\include\QtMultimediaKit\qmediaplaylist.h) it the function is really set to protected. But if I look into the sources downloaded from the New Qt API for Mobile Development http://qt.nokia.com/products/appdev/...-apis/mobility the same function is set to public. So, as I think the New Qt API is newer, how can I update to these new sources? In the QtCreator updater I cannot update the sources anymore. :-(

This is the error message I get:

..\..\..\..\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\mingw\include\QtMultimediaKit/qmediaplaylist.h: In constructor 'MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget*)':
    ..\..\..\..\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\mingw\include\QtMultimediaKit/qmediaplaylist.h:136: error: 'virtual bool QMediaPlaylist::setMediaObject(QMediaObject*)' is protected
    ..\QtMobilityQuickstart\mainwindow.cpp:18: error: within this context