Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

installing MIDlet on Nokia 7610

Hello, i am away from my Home for some days. Hope everybody is fine on this forum. i am to ask that i am using Nokia 7610 and i want my MIDlet to install on this mobile phone. i simply put jad and jar files into memory card and used file manager to install. but it gave the following error message "Invalid verson can't install". please tell me if some Softwares need to install or what should i do. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by apnasi; 2010-06-22 at 05:45. Reason: forget to post some part

Re: installing MIDlet on Nokia 7610

Quote Originally Posted by apnasi View Post
    Hello, i am away from my Home for some days. Hope everybody is fine on this forum. i am to ask that i am using Nokia 7610 and i want my MIDlet to install on this mobile phone. i simply put jad and jar files into memory card and used file manager to install. but it gave the following error message "Invalid verson can't install". please tell me if some Softwares need to install or what should i do. Thanks in advance.
    Issue may be due to previous installation/uninstalltion of the app on the device -- if yes -- try to uninstall any previous version of the application from the device.

It may also be due to miss match of MIDP/CLDC version of the app and your device. MIPD version should be 2.0 and CLDC 1.0 for Nokia 7610 (if its old S60 phone)

Check the date/time settings on your device, try to download the latest JAD/JAR of the application from its source and try again.

Try to install the application OTA from OVI or getJar or its website directly to the device.
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ektasrv View Post
    Issue may be due to previous installation/uninstalltion of the app on the device -- if yes -- try to uninstall any previous version of the application from the device.

It may also be due to miss match of MIDP/CLDC version of the app and your device. MIPD version should be 2.0 and CLDC 1.0 for Nokia 7610 (if its old S60 phone)

Check the date/time settings on your device, try to download the latest JAD/JAR of the application from its source and try again.

Try to install the application OTA from OVI or getJar or its website directly to the device.

Dear Ekta,
    i set out the date and time and moved the latest jad and jar from card reader to memory card. But the problem is intact

Dear Ekta,
    i set out the date and time and moved the latest jad and jar from card reader to memory card. But the problem is intact
    try installing the JAR through Nokia PC Suite and check.

Is the device you are using Old S60 7610 or 7610 supernova ?

What is the midlet version in the JAD & MF file that you are trying to install ? What format it has Major.Minor.build e.g 1.1.12 or 1.0.1.2 ?

See that its according to this : http://developers.sun.com/mobility/m...tions/version/
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Regular Contributor

Dear Ekta, i downloaded nokia pc suite (exe) file. i tired to install it through file manager under tool category But not able to install it. it gave the following error message: "File Manager: unknown file format". Moreover please also tell me how can i see that the device is old s60 or 7610 supernova. the Mobile i am using belongs to one of my friends, i want to buy it so i am trying if it runs J2ME applications fine. this mobile is almost three years old and i think its old S60. i checked (.MF) fine and found the following informatin
    MIDlet version: 1.0
    Cldc : 1.0
    MIDP 2.1
    thanks
    Last edited by apnasi; 2010-06-22 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by apnasi View Post
    Dear Ekta, i downloaded nokia pc suite (exe) file. i tired to install it through file manager under tool category But not able to install it. it gave the following error message: "File Manager: unknown file format". Moreover please also tell me how can i see that the device is old s60 or 7610 supernova. the Mobile i am using belongs to one of my friends, i want to buy it so i am trying if it runs J2ME applications fine. this mobile is almost three years old and i think its old S60. i checked (.MF) fine and found the following informatin
    MIDlet version: 1.0
    Cldc : 1.0
    MIDP 2.1
    thanks
    if it 3 year old its is 7600 S60 and MIDP 2.0 -- http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...ications/7610/
    see the picture on above site and compare.
    if its supernova its MISP 2.1
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...610_Supernova/
    see the picture on above site and compare.

Now you know which device you have.

To install the jad/jar from PC using Nokia PC Suite, you need to install Nokia PC Suite on your PC/Laptop.... connect the phone via USB cable or Bluetooth and then use Install Application, select appliaction JAD/JAR from your PC and install on device.
    Thanks,
    Ekta