Discussion Board

Socket Push Registry Supported Devices

Hi,
    I need to select the Nokia Series 60 Mobiles which supports socket connection based push registry. Using the device specifications I am not able to find the detail. Please help me in knowing which symbian OS version or Nokia Series supports the feature. Usually the JSR 118 and MIDP 2.0 or 2.1 is specified in the specification which does not provide enough information like SMS Push and Socket Push is supported or only SMS push is supported.

Re: Socket Push Registry Supported Devices

Quote Originally Posted by 7sigma View Post
    Hi,
    I need to select the Nokia Series 60 Mobiles which supports socket connection based push registry. Using the device specifications I am not able to find the detail. Please help me in knowing which symbian OS version or Nokia Series supports the feature. Usually the JSR 118 and MIDP 2.0 or 2.1 is specified in the specification which does not provide enough information like SMS Push and Socket Push is supported or only SMS push is supported.
    All S60 MIDP 2.0+ devices support PushRegistry both based on SMS Push or Socket Push.
    But remember SocketPush can only be used to push start the application when the Push is generated from within the device as on most the public GSM networks - you cannot push anything on device IP hence SMS push is used.
    Now days in Wifi for testing you can give a static public IP to you new wifi enables S60 devices and try to push on socket on these but it again fails in case real life public usage (we don't have static public ip's on mobile and hence we don't host our websites on it ) .
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Lightbulb Re: Socket Push Registry Supported Devices

Hi I am getting invalid application on Series 40 phones(Nokia 6212 classic) when i tried for push registry with sockets.
    Can any one please comment....

Thanks in advance...