Discussion Board

infered TV remote output

I have a tryal program for a tv remote. IT works but the range sucks. I think this is because it was never ment to be used for TVs.

the fix. If I take off the dark black lens on the side covering the little dideos on the side it is almost 2 time as good.

the qusetion is can I replace one with a new bigger one out of a TV remote to get more range.

I think its the bottom one that sends. if so I need to find witch wires to solder to. theres like 5 or 6 of them going to two little didoes. the one in my TV has only two going to it.

I put a Volt meter across the TV one and got .225 AC not sure witch one to check on the phone, to see if it just sends less power.

If anyone can come up with a fix(maybe a little board to solder in someware) I would pay and I think alot of others would to.

oh yeah I have a 3650
    Last edited by j91z28d1; 2003-04-30 at 05:53.

I would recommend not changing the transmitter LED unless you have first checked the schematic of the interface. If the design drives the LED from an IC that can source (say) 10mA, and the series resistor ensures that 10mA is drawn when the LED is on, and you change the resistor / LED / combination for a more powerful one, it is likely to draw more current, and can damage the driving device.

An IR transmitter in the phone is a nice gimmick, but it's not worth losing your phone over!

Now a bluetooth receiver for your TV ..............

Steve C

Dear Sir,

Version is correct - engine is 0.96, remote definitions is 0.97.

Range may be higly improved by replacing IR diode to high power one - we were tried with external IR diode and range was ~20 meters.
    Yes, removing black window (or better replacing with glass) is a good idea, we will try to find some hardware manufacter able to produce such accessory.

Please provide list of brands you want to be included.
    Best regards,
    Technical support team
    PsiNT (PSILoc)
    Poland
    Phone: +48-94-3477766
    Web: http://psiloc.com
    Email: mailto:support@psiloc.com

this is the reply from PsiNT. So they are working on it.

No dont do anything to phone if your gona use it in your own home their are devices that amplify the ir signal so you can get one of those otherwise if you wana use this feature independatly changing the diode wont do u any good although it might give you greater distance it may make the phone to phone and phone to pc communication impossible. Also the electronics in a phone are tiny dont even try altering them especialy on an expensive symbian phone

Re: infered TV remote output

hello i'm made..from indonesia..
    please give me source code ,, to use phone as a remote tv..
    thanks for attention..

Nokia Developer Expert

those posts are nearly 8 years old thus if there would have been any codes they would have been for very different platform version that is used with current days devices, thus I would recommend you for checking newer posts on the topic.

Nokia Developer Moderator

As I remember, raw infrared frames can be used for this purpose, http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...al)_SIR_frames