Discussion Board

Unhappy Qt package not being created!?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Qt. Downloaded everythign and set it up following steps described in one of those Qt videos.
    I wrote myFirstApp and it works fine for the desktop, but when I try to build for the Symbian device (N95) I
    get the following messages:

Creating C:\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\MyFirstApp_gcce_urel.sisx ...
    Executable file: 0 C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\MyFirstApp.exe
    C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\\epoc32\tools\makesis.exe MyFirstApp_gcce_urel.pkg
    Processing MyFirstApp_gcce_urel.pkg...
    Error : Cannot find file : /Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1/epoc32/release/gcce/urel/MyFirstApp.exe

MyFirstApp_gcce_urel.pkg(30) : error: file I/O fault.

An error occurred while creating the package.

On the compiler output window I get:

Ejecutando los pasos para construir el proyecto MyFirstApp...
    Iniciando: c:/qt/4.6.3-symbian/bin/qmake.exe C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp/MyFirstApp.pro -spec symbian-abld -r CONFIG+=release
    Finalizado retornando 0.
    Iniciando: C:/Symbian/9.2/S60_3rd_FP1//epoc32/tools/make.exe release-gcce -w
    C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\\epoc32\tools\make.exe: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp'
    bldmake bldfiles
    WARNING: When building for ARMV5 platform Compiler RVCT2.2 or later is required.
    ABLD.BAT build gcce urel
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp'
    Nothing to do
    make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp'
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp'
    make -s -C \Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp -f "MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp PLATFORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp'
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\GCCE.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -C \Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp -f "MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp PLATFORM=GCCE LIB
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -C \Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp -f "MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL RESOURCE
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\GCCE.make" TARGET CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    make: *** \Documents: No such file or directory. Stop.
    make[1]: *** [MAKEFILEMAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [LIBRARYMAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [RESOURCEMAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5] Error 2
    make -s -C \Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp -f "MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL BLD
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\GCCE.make" FINAL CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    make -s -C \Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp -f "MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5.MK" TO_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp\MAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Jessica\Mis documentos\MyFirstApp PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL FINAL
    C:\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\\epoc32\tools\make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/Documents and Settings/Jessica/Mis documentos/MyFirstApp'
    make[1]: *** [TARGETMAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [FINALMAKEFILE_0XE0C966E5] Error 2
    Finalizado retornando 0.

Thanks!

--
    Jorge Dávalos

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Qt package not being created!?

It looks like qmake on Windows is not able to handle path with spaces properly. Place your project to folder with path without spaces.

Hi there,

Thanks! Removed spaces from path and now it compiles but now.... I get this "Cannot start executable C:\sys\bin\MyFirstApp.exe on the device: General OS-related error."

I also get this

Package: 8344 2010-06-22T14:21:57 C:\ToArchive\Qt_Jorge\MyFirstApplication\MyFirstApp_gcce_udeb.sisx
    Deploying application to 'Nokia N95 8GB USB (COM7)'...
    Copying install file...
    0% copied.
    24% copied.
    49% copied.
    73% copied.
    98% copied.
    100% copied.
    Installing application...
    Launching debugger...
    Debugging finished.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Did you install Qt to your phone?

Hi Daniil,

I followed all the steps in the Qt video (setting up a Symbian S60 development enviroment): downloaded and installed Nokia Ovi Suite, Carbide C++, Active Perl 5.6.1 (build 658) managed to find it!, S60 platform SDK, Open C/C++, Application TRK. After
    wards i downloaded and installed Qt libraries 4.6 for Symbian and uploaded onto the phone the file qt_demos.sis, which supposedly loads the pips.sis, openc_ssl.sis, STDCPP.sis, qt.sis and fluidlauncher.sis. Finally i downloaded and installed
    Qt SDK for Windows.

In my N95 8GB the appTRK shows up and it connects.

What am i missing?

Thanks again!

--
    Jorge Dávalos

Super Contributor

Move the work space to C:/Carbide or another path without space
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog