Discussion Board

Logo display problem in Canvas

When i click on application icon of my application on nokia 5233, it displays camera controls at the bottom of logo .

when i run this application on wireless toolkit emulator no camera control is displayed at the bottom of logo.

Re: Logo display problem in Canvas

Quote Originally Posted by jatina3logics View Post
    When i click on application icon of my application on nokia 5233, it displays camera controls at the bottom of logo .

when i run this application on wireless toolkit emulator no camera control is displayed at the bottom of logo.
    What are you trying to do in your application, are you using camera ? Are you using FullCanvas or MIDP Canvas.setFullScreenMode(true);
    Thanks,
    Ekta

i want to show company logo in canvas when i click the app icon.
    After 3 secons logo disappear and 4 midlets shows in the list and one of the midlet is using camera.

Super Contributor

for that first part you might want t look in the Wiki and specifically look for a splashscreen...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by jatina3logics View Post
    i want to show company logo in canvas when i click the app icon.
    After 3 secons logo disappear and 4 midlets shows in the list and one of the midlet is using camera.
    This means that you have a Midletsuite of 4 Midlets and you want to show the application logo when Midlet suite icon is clicked and then you want to show the list of your midlets and allow the user to select one and launch it.

Option 1 - Add One more launcher application, add its Icon - when user clicks on it show the Splash Screen as Tiger Suggested (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...een_in_Java_ME) and then show a grid screen with icons of all 4 midlets... let user click on any one use pushRegistry on Alarm to lunch that midlet as below:
    Code:
    The method below will launch MIDLET from current MIDLET suite at the registered time.

try {

// mainApp1 is a midlet class
         long previous = PushRegistry.registerAlarm("mainApp1",500);

} catch ( java.lang.ClassNotFoundException cnf ) {

System.out.println( "mainApp1: Class not Found" );

} catch ( javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException connnf ) {

System.out.println( "mainApp1: Connection Not Found" );
    }

Option 2 -My suggested option - Combine all the 4 midlets above in a single Midlet project i.e. in launcher application, add only its Icon (install it on the device) - when user clicks on it show the Splash Screen as Tiger Suggested (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...een_in_Java_ME) and then show a grid screen with icons of all 4 old midlets... let user clicks on anyone - create the object of the main displayable class of that midlet project (form or Canvas) and set that current displayable of the launcher midlet (No need to launch the Midlet's).
    From this entry point - flow goes into all 4 separate programs which are no more midlets in itself.
    Last edited by ektasrv; 2010-06-23 at 17:27.
    Thanks,
    Ekta