Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote compiler

Super Contributor

Re: Remote compiler

Quote Originally Posted by fr33mind View Post
    I'm having the same problem as the last user.
    When i click on Add button on the project section, i don't get the "Remote Compiler" in the list, i just get "Desktop" .

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi,
    You have installed the on line version, uninstall from the Windows application control panel and download the offline version of Nokia Qt SDK then follow my article How to install and use the Nokia Qt SDK Remote Compiler

The Remote complier will then load
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    Has anybody so far successfully used the remote compiler?
    I believe that I am having the problem described in QTCREATORBUG-3550 (which is closed).

When I try to use the remote compiler it stops uploading around "176k of 190k". I've noticed that the modem continues to run for a few more seconds, so I suspect that the upload is actually continuing and that I'm being stopped by an overly aggressive error correction routine.

I'm running a 56k modem with notoriously noisy phone lines. If the system rejects buggy inputs and assumes that I will reconnect using a cleaner input I fear that I will be doomed to failure.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

Thanks, Ralph

Dear friends,

Is anybody use it?

I have some troubles..

Hello,

Is the support for remote compiler still there? I get "Forum Nokia authentication failed" error. Password works fine on browser (as u can see ), also is not the linux authentication error related to missing openssl library however I get this error:

andy@machine:~$ QtSDK/QtCreator/bin/qtcreator
    QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
    QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
    Any1 had this error b4 and solved it?

Regards,
    Andy

Nokia Developer Moderator

A change in Nokia Developer's authentication has disabled the remote compiler. A fix was implemented already, we're working on preparing its distribution.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    A change in Nokia Developer's authentication has disabled the remote compiler. A fix was implemented already, we're working on preparing its distribution.
    I'm also getting "Forum Nokia authentication failed" error. How is your work on distribution of abovementioned fix?

I'm forced to use SDK 1.1.2. Is there any chance that there will be fix for this SDK version?

--
    Michal
    Last edited by trzyrazym; 2012-05-09 at 13:55. Reason: providing additional info

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi Michal,

Which version of the SDK are you using? On which platform? The Qt SDK 1.2.1 package has this fixed already, so make sure that you apply the latest online updates or install a clean 1.2.1 SDK instance.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Hi Michal,

Which version of the SDK are you using? On which platform? The Qt SDK 1.2.1 package has this fixed already, so make sure that you apply the latest online updates or install a clean 1.2.1 SDK instance.
    Hi Lucian,

Thank You for Your replay. I'm using Qt SDK 1.1.2 and can't upgrade because it's the last one supporting develpment for S60v3.2. I'm on Linux patform (Kubuntu 12.04).
    For now I maneged to use workaround mentioned here: http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...t/42#comment:9 (the 'hard way').

BTW. Can You point me to any source describing how to add Qt 4.6.3 to SDK 1.1.2 ? (again for S60v3.2 development). I can't do it using SDK Maintenance Tool.

--
    Michal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12