Discussion Board

Question Maemo Style in Simulator

Hi !

I am developing an application for Maemo using Qt. At the moment I can only test my application in the simulator but it doesn't look nice and well integrated. Here is what I was hoping for http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...rting-examples. Will my application have the same look when executed on Maemo just because the Simulator doesn't show the final look of the application or do I have to custom my stylesheets ?

Thanks

Re: Maemo Style in Simulator

Which SDK are you using? Nokia Qt SDK doesnot have a Maemo Simulator.

Heu... latest Nokia QT SDK (1.0 FINAL). When I choose to build and execute in the QtSimulator and then choose Maemo Freemantle, isn't this a simulator for Maemo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guilo19 View Post
    Heu... latest Nokia QT SDK (1.0 FINAL). When I choose to build and execute in the QtSimulator and then choose Maemo Freemantle, isn't this a simulator for Maemo ?
    Oh yes, that resembles Maemo simulator. But the article you referred to had Maemo UI components. So if you are using anything like Qt::WA_Maemo5StackedWindow or any Maemo specific api's you cannot check it on simulator using Nokia Qt SDK.

Ok Thanks to have made it clear. But where are those apis. Not bundled with Nokia Qt SDK ? I don't have any of these components in my documentation.

Check the docs here for reference

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-maemo-4.6...edwindows.html

Also when using these api's you will have to compile it for Maemo, otherwise you will get error.

Ok but the fact is that I have a full install of Nokia Qt SDK on Linux and, at least in QtCreator 's help, the only reference I have to Maemo is how to set up the environment. I have installed the SDK under Windows and there I have the whole documentation. Why ? Moreover, I can't find the example of stacked windows anywhere, nor on Linux nor on Windows installation. Thanks

I have it installed on Windows and could not find reference to Maemo API's. Was wondering if any offline chm file is available for Qt

The lack of styling on the Simulator for Maemo is a shortcoming of the Qt Simulator 1.0 in current SDK Version 1.0. it is not related to how the application will look on the device. As a workaround, simply create a Maemo device configuration and test-deploy your application to get a better impression for Maemo-specific styling. Deployment for the device (compiling, packaging and remote installation / invocation) is pretty fast. For details, see http://doc.qt.nokia.com/nokia-qtsdk-...ing-maemo.html.

Please do not use the Maemo API directly. You can use the Widgets from the Qt API instead, they will look native on the device. Check Help -> Contents -> Qt Reference Documentation for the API. If that book is missing from your Qt Creator Help view, you can readd it manually by opening Tools -> Options -> Help -> Documentation and pressing "Add...". Now navigate to your NokiaQtSDK folder and enter the Documentations subdirectory. Select all qch files (Think of qch files as Qt's equivalent of chm files) and press Ok. If you now close the Options dialog by pressing "OK", all books should appear in the Help view.

Now navigate to your NokiaQtSDK folder and enter the Documentations subdirectory. Select all qch files (Think of qch files as Qt's equivalent of chm files) and press Ok. If you now close the Options dialog by pressing "OK",
    I have already tried this but it didn't change anything regarding documentation. Anyway, I haven't a de vice to test so far so I have built the package and tried it on RDA. Unfortunately these devices aren't ready to have Qt working on it (only Qt 4.5 and no root access to update repositories). Anyway, I'll try later so that's not a problem.

Thanks for all the precisions.

Super Contributor

Qt Simulator target doesn't support any Maemo specific features, so if you don't have the real device and you use Maemo5 specific code, you should use scratchbox.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...emo_5_SDK.html
    choose SDK installer there.