Discussion Board

Thread: APIBridge

APIBridge

Hi,

I've been playing with APIBridge lately and I managed to create the sis file following the guide at

http://www.jappit.com/blog/2010/02/0...ith-apibridge/

When I try to install the .sis file on the device I get an error telling me "unable to delete file".

I am stumped. Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: APIBridge

Something (some API Bridge processes?) have probably not shutdown properly: have you already tried re-starting the device?

Pit

Yeap. On both a N97 and a 5800, and the same happened in all.

I did some changes (signed the APIBridge.sis file with the same certificate), and it complains about the same.

I also get the error of installing an app from a untrustworthy source, *after* the progress bar of the API bridge installation, but this happens on a .sis with a UID I made up.

I'm going to download the apibridge zip again and start from scratch, but I don't have much faith this will end differently.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

I started from scratch (following your guide at http://www.jappit.com/blog/2010/02/0...ith-apibridge/), and at first when installing API Bridge the progress bar stopped at 1/3 with the "unable to delete file". On both a n97 and a 5800, no other running apps. I then rebooted once again and lo and behold, it worked!

One little detail: the app does not appear in the app list, but only on the "add/remove" list (along with API Bridge), meaning I can uninstall, but not run it.

As a last effort, using Y-browser I saw a d:\wgzinstaller dir , with my wgz in there. I tried to install the wgz from there and it worked, but when I ran the widget it crashed to the launch screen when it tried to access an api bridge function (image resize).

Any pointers?

remy_david

I have exactly the same problems.
    Trying to package WgzInstaller with the APIBridgeTest.wgz sample widget following the wiki http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...eb_Runtime_API
    I left the code untouched and used the WgzInstaller_sample.pkg to generate the .SIS (I also changed the UID in the mmp to the same as sample.pkg).
    I signed the sis using Open Signed.
    The installation is successfull on Nokia N8, but the app is not shown anywhere.
    The installation fails with "Unable to install" on Nokia N97.
    Last edited by remy_david; 2010-09-22 at 12:07.