Discussion Board

Problem with setting wallpaper on Symbian on the new Qt Nokia SDK

In order to change the device's wallpaper, I'm using the API as advices on forum.nokia Wiki's page (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Change_Wallpaper)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #include <aknswallpaperutils.h>
    _LIT(KWallpaperImage, "c:\\data\\images\\mywallpaper.jpg");
    AknsWallpaperUtils::SetIdleWallpaper(KWallpaperImage, iCoeEnv);
    CAPABILITY WriteDeviceData
    LIBRARY aknswallpaperutils.lib
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The code compiled and worked perfectly on the 4.6.2 sdk for Symbian, however, migrating to the new Qt Nokia Sdk released on 23/6/2010 didn't succeed.
    It gives me the following error:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :: error: No rule to make target `\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\armv5\LIB\aknswallpaperutils.dso', needed by `\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\MyApp.exe'. Stop.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the \NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\armv5\LIB\ directory I've found many .dso files, but not the specific one. I did find the header file at
    C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\include\aknswallpaperutils.h

* Trying to build the code on the old sdk succeeded.
    * Trying to uninstall the sdk and all previous sdk's and other applications on the toolchain and then reinstalling the new SDK didn't help at all.
    * I could'nt find any other way to set the symbian device's wallpaper, neither on the new QtMobility API.

There's probably some problem on the new SDK, and the specific \NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\armv5\LIB\aknswallpaperutils.dso file is missing.

I'd appreciate and help.

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with setting wallpaper on Symbian on the new Qt Nokia SDK

I think you've run into the basic problem that the new Qt SDK doesn't support Symbian interfaces.

Thank you for the replies.
    So, if I understand correct, there is currently no way to use wallpaper with the new SDK?
    with the SDK and the QtMobility I couldn't find any option, and there is no way to use the old symbian API's.
    Any idea?

Hi,

I know this is a rather old thread but I'm having the same problem now and is searching for a solution.
    Is i still true that you can't set a wallpaper using QMobility or Symbian?

Thanks,

Super Contributor

Yes, still true. Use the native Symbian API.