Discussion Board

Thread: LWUIT

Red face LWUIT

Hiii,
    I am a starter and want to know, if LWUIT can be used for the development of Application / midlet in symbian platform?
    And, what are other better ways for the development of nice user interface for applications for symbian phones, using Java?

Waiting for the help.
    thanx.

Super Contributor

Re: LWUIT

sure it can be used on S60 as well, in your midlet (thus j2ME), not as a native S60/Symbian/C++ app...
    for the second part have a search inthis forum, the available guil libraries have been mentioned a gazillion times...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by nishadh View Post
    Hiii,
    I am a starter and want to know, if LWUIT can be used for the development of Application / midlet in symbian platform?
    And, what are other better ways for the development of nice user interface for applications for symbian phones, using Java?

Waiting for the help.
    thanx.
    As Tiger wrote LWUIT can be used for S60 development in J2me and it will give it ease of porting across most of the Java devices available in the market, have a look at LWUIT demo at https://lwuit.dev.java.net/
    Thanks,
    Ekta

Super Contributor

I agree...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

one of the best UI toolkit on Java Me platform.

thanx guys for the advice..
    now i am using LWUIT for my application but hav a problem.....so if u can help me out to solve it....i wud be grateful

Its Related to list .
    I have a list of string items(list1). NOw i want to select some items from that list and add them in another list(say list2). So actually list2 is empty in the begining, bt with each selection from the list1, list2 get its items .

So, how can i do it??
    Thanx in advance...

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nisha_123 View Post
    thanx guys for the advice..
    now i am using LWUIT for my application but hav a problem.....so if u can help me out to solve it....i wud be grateful

Its Related to list .
    I have a list of string items(list1). NOw i want to select some items from that list and add them in another list(say list2). So actually list2 is empty in the begining, bt with each selection from the list1, list2 get its items .

So, how can i do it??
    Thanx in advance...
    Go through the LWUIT docs and read the available methods over there to work with.You might be having the method to get the selected index and its values and then you can access and later you put the same inside the other list.
    Click Here for Docs
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,