Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Application not running on the device

Hi

I am a bit confused .I have an application which was running successfully on the emulator and device. Then i implemented logger and made another application which is the same as the one running earlier. Now I had a limitation that's why I cant work with the first application which was running on the device. My second application is running fine on the emulator but on the device it is not yet starting. I don't know why. Can anyone tell me the various reasons that may cause such issues so that I can track where I am making the fault. Is it something to do with the pkg or mmp file as I have the same UID in both the application. I even changed the UID but in vain.

A liitle guidance on it will be a great help

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Application not running on the device

You change the name (compared to first app )of the app, uid and see if there is any panic code while you start the app?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vicky_nits View Post
    Hi

I am a bit confused .I have an application which was running successfully on the emulator and device. Then i implemented logger and made another application which is the same as the one running earlier. Now I had a limitation that's why I cant work with the first application which was running on the device. My second application is running fine on the emulator but on the device it is not yet starting. I don't know why. Can anyone tell me the various reasons that may cause such issues so that I can track where I am making the fault. Is it something to do with the pkg or mmp file as I have the same UID in both the application. I even changed the UID but in vain.

A liitle guidance on it will be a great help

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So whats the panic? check http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code

Nokia Developer Champion

Yeap, get the panic code: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code

Also putting some logging in different function entry/exit point may narrow down your efforts to find the actual culprit line.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Regular Contributor

I have implemented logger but the app is not launching itself so my log file is not creating. I have the errd file on the device. How to check which is the panic I did not get from the link

Nokia Developer Champion

Make sure you have right one. Install it via a .sis file as given in the article. Here is a direct link: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/images/4/44/Errrd_KB.zip

Regular Contributor

I have installed the same on the device but let me know how to check whether if any panic coz when i open the file after i tried to launch my application it doest not give any panic reason or whatever

Nokia Developer Champion

Ok, it should show you some panic note in case there is any panic. Few things you can try:

- Uninstall older application if it is there
    - Restart the device(just a wild try)
    - Put RFile::Replace kind of logging in your AppUI ConstructL and see if it creates any such log file.

Regular Contributor

Hi

I have implemented logger in all my files which include AppUi ConstructL also but my log file is not creating . Any reason as to why ??? i am a bit confused