Discussion Board

Lightbulb Have problems mixing Symbian C++ and Qt? Try running qmake by hand

I've noticed that a lot of people were complaining about not being able to mix Symbian C++ and Qt with Qt Creator. e.g: the orientation lock code would not compile.

I've tried treinio's code from the lock orientation topic, and indeed I was getting linker errors.

The problem in my case was a Qt Creator bug where qmake isn't always run when it should be. I've found that I pretty much have to run qmake manually after modifying the pro file and adding/removing files. In this case it wasn't picking up the new LIBS declaration.

Regular Contributor

Smile Re: Have problems mixing Symbian C++ and Qt? Try running qmake by hand

Quote Originally Posted by razvanpetru View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of people were complaining about not being able to mix Symbian C++ and Qt with Qt Creator. e.g: the orientation lock code would not compile.

I've tried treinio's code from the lock orientation topic, and indeed I was getting linker errors.

The problem in my case was a Qt Creator bug where qmake isn't always run when it should be. I've found that I pretty much have to run qmake manually after modifying the pro file and adding/removing files. In this case it wasn't picking up the new LIBS declaration.
    I don't think it's a good idea by mixing symbian c++ and Qt. Because Qt is a development environment not only for symbian, but also for meego. Remember, Qt was not born for Symbian.

Regular Contributor

Re: Have problems mixing Symbian C++ and Qt? Try running qmake by hand

Quote Originally Posted by razvanpetru View Post

I don't it's a good idea by mixing Symbian c++ and Qt, because Qt is a development environment not only for Symbian, but also for meego. Remember, Qt was not born for Symbian.

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry for replied the thread twice.

Super Contributor

Whether you think it's a good idea or not, sometimes it's very necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    Whether you think it's a good idea or not, sometimes it's very necessary.
    Indeed, this could be necessary. You may check this guide.

Super Contributor

Here is pretty much the same, in HTML vs PDF format. (Don't know which one might be more current/detailed -- they appear to be similar but not identical.)