Discussion Board

[Maemo][QT Creator] Can it run remote application without deb installation?

Hi,

When I still using Nokia Qt SDK (Beta) , madde is not bundled with the SDK and therefore it can not generate deb through SDK. Running an remote application will just copy the binary to N900.

However, in the 1.0 release , madde is bundled , it will generate deb directly. The behaviour for running remote application is also changed. It will first copy the deb to phone , install it first , then execute it.

It is very annoying! The whole step of debugging / testing become much longer!

Can it restore to old behaviour that only the binary will be copied to the phone?

I have tried to disable the deb generation , and remove the deb from harddisk , then the Qt Creator quit suddenly after I pressed "Ctrl+R" (On Linux)

Thanks for any advise.

Re: [Maemo][QT Creator] Can it run remote application without deb installation?

I have found the solution . QT Creator 2.1 supported to skip package creation . Enable this option will make QT creator copy the binary instead of the deb package to phone.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [Maemo][QT Creator] Can it run remote application without deb installation?

Quote Originally Posted by benlaud View Post
    When I still using Nokia Qt SDK (Beta) , madde is not bundled with the SDK and therefore it can not generate deb through SDK.
    MADDE is part of Nokia Qt SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by benlaud View Post
    However, in the 1.0 release , madde is bundled , it will generate deb directly.
    The only thing which has changed is that now additional step was added to build sequence.