Discussion Board

Question Question About QT Symbian Device Builds

Why does the Symbian Device build in QT Creator create a whole bunch of garbage files in C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\BUILD? Also, why does it compile my static libraries to C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\epoc32\release\armv5\udeb? I don't like the fact that the compiler goes off on a tangent and dumps files where it thinks it should rather than in my workspace folder or the designated folder I specify with the DESTDIR parameter. This will lead to maintenance and versioning problems down the road for me. The QT Simulator builds were perfect though. Clean and exactly where I expected them.

For the time being I'm manually organizing my static libraries, but I would appreciate having more control over how my builds are coordinated.

Re: Question About QT Symbian Device Builds

In case of Symbian builds the SDK required to have the lib files and other resource files placed inside the epoc32 folder. So if in future things can be changed then it will happen slowly with further release I believe. With Nokia Qt SDK, I have not tried - but with Symbian SDK the clean command worked in cleaning up all these files.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Question About QT Symbian Device Builds

This has been pretty much true from the start, I believe. Carbide dumps its object files in the same locations, more or less.

Doing "abld reallyclean" will clean up most of them.