Discussion Board

Using QWebView in FlickCharm on S60

Has anyone had any experience of using flickcharm on S60 with a QWebView. The flicking works fine, but I have problems clicking on a photo that is in my html. I have the following lines in my code:

Code:
        mWebView->page()->setLinkDelegationPolicy (QWebPage::DelegateAllLinks);
        connect (mWebView->page(), SIGNAL(linkClicked(const QUrl)), this, SLOT(linkClickedSlot(const QUrl)));
    which means that when I click on an image I show another screen, but the clicking isn't working. It does eventually work, but I have to click multiple times to get a reaction.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Using QWebView in FlickCharm on S60

Never tried it. Is by any chance the page you are trying to load heavy and is taking time.

No, the page is very simple (just some text and a photo is stored on the phone), and it doesn't matter if I wait for a while either.

I think it might be to do with the mouse cursor moving between mouse down and mouse up events, so I've added a bit of a buffer in to ignore small movements, but it doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received!

Another update:
    We've changed to using the flickcharm from the Qt\4.6.2\demos\embedded\anomaly\src directory, rather than the one we found on the web.

This seems to fix the problem we're having clicking on a photo in QWebView.

However, we also use flickcharm on a QListView item. The items in the list should be clickable, however, it takes several clicks to get it to register.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Or have any suggestions?

Please check if this fix does give you some clue.

That didn't seem to help at all, in fact the fix was for the previous version of the code.

I've changed the fingerAccuracyThreshold to 20 now, and it seems to be better, but flicking in general doesn't seem to work very well on the device. Sometimes it just doesn't pick up a swipe, and other times it registers a click as a swipe, or a swipe as a click. I've had a look at the flickable demo, and that also has some problems, in that it doesn't always pick up the finger swipes.

Has anyone successfully used flickcharm and/or flickable on a S60 app? Would I be better off not using flickcharm and using the flickable class instead (although this seems like it's going to be more work)?