Discussion Board

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Carbide.ui Theme Edition ver 3.0 Released on Symbian Foundation

Download link:
    http://developer.symbian.org/main/to.../view.php?id=4

What's new in Carbide.ui version 3.0?
    • Symbian^3 support included as default theme in the tool
    • Performance improvements.
    • Example themes creation and management(similar to plugin management).
    • Windows 7 support
    • New color groups included in Symbian^1 / 5th Edition platform
    • Frame Animation mode enhancement to support all types supported on Symbian^3 devices, cycle, play & bounce
    • Help > About dialogue updated to include 2 new links, one which lists the open source Software used in developing Carbide.ui and another link which hosts source files of open source software used in Carbide.ui for download
    • Performance improvements to themes deployed on device
    • Theme no longer corrupted when platform is switched multiple times

Note: Example themes for S60 platforms will be available for download from forum Nokia shortly.

Re: Carbide.ui Theme Edition ver 3.0 Released on Symbian Foundation

Downloaded 2 Days back............Checked...............Wonderful .

Waiting for the Sample themes now..................
    KnockiaN95
    Nokia E and N series Themer
    Current Phones:E72,E71,E63,N97 Mini,5530.

Carbide 3.0 Serious Problem..............

When packing a theme for the first time, you need to make cert and key file.

During this process , once the key and cer file has been made , and you give a name to save the profile for all your future projects.

It gives a major error" Password for .key file doesnt match with current password".

This is a serious bug, as without any password during creation, it gives the same error and when a password is given during the making of the cer and key files and later trying to save the profile with same password, it gives the same error.

Could you please check in, this problem never happenend in any version of Carbide till now.

Way out, pack your theme made by Carbide UI 3.0 without cert and key and then digitally sign your files with sis contents with Carbide UI 2.0 or Carbide 3.4 cert and key files.

Ron, Please see to it.

Thanks
    KnockiaN95

Quote Originally Posted by KnockiaN95 View Post
    Carbide 3.0 Serious Problem..............

When packing a theme for the first time, you need to make cert and key file.

During this process , once the key and cer file has been made , and you give a name to save the profile for all your future projects.

It gives a major error" Password for .key file doesnt match with current password".

This is a serious bug, as without any password during creation, it gives the same error and when a password is given during the making of the cer and key files and later trying to save the profile with same password, it gives the same error.

Could you please check in, this problem never happenend in any version of Carbide till now.

Way out, pack your theme made by Carbide UI 3.0 without cert and key and then digitally sign your files with sis contents with Carbide UI 2.0 or Carbide 3.4 cert and key files.

Ron, Please see to it.

Thanks
    are you sure?
    it works fine with me. no issue so far.

but I am badly waiting for 3.0 plugins.

Yes with me the problem still continues . Will have to check by downloading again if it works fine for you.
    I am also waiting badly for the plugins but now i see it has been released which I am using in carbide UI 2.0.

Nokia needs to develop a plugin for E72 for the unchanged icons in the system.Whatever you do but the list of 22 never changes for any theme.

Checked with many theme makers themes on e72, and their reports to me as mail too.

None of them had been able to skin all icons as this is a serious bug from Nokia in E72.
    KnockiaN95

Hi All !
    I have used carbide theme studio many times long ago. Now when i tried to work in carbide .ui theme studio, i get an exception namely JAVA.LANG.NULLPOINTEREXCEPTION. Even i tried theme studio 3.0 but still same exception. I am not able to work in theme studio.
    One more thing, I've tried both on two windows 7 computers.
    Please help.