Discussion Board

RDA usage security

Hello!

I had a question about how safe to use RDA for testing my application? I know that instruction recommends to remove applications after testing but what will happen when session expires before I remove application? Will my application become available for other users and I will need to search device which I used to remove it?

Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RDA usage security

Bloodredsky will correct if I am wrong, but as far as I know yes, anyone can use the device after you, including whatever you leave on it. Devices can be reset on user request, and perhaps they are reset on a regular basis too, but definitely not on per-usage basis.
    Sometimes weird things happen: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...l-for-Exchange - so devices may cause problems even if they are not used.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RDA usage security

Yep, ultimately it's the users responsibility to make sure their apps/content are removed from the device after testing is complete. If there are problems wih this, then you can always contact me and I'll have a look.

Of course the devices are also factory reset/reflashed every now and then. Additionally we have been recently trying to implement (some level of) automated clean up scripts which might provide help for these cases, however that's still work in progress.