Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs down QA failed - Reason: prompt to update and install Adobe Flash Lite during installation

My content (Adobe Flash Lite application, with bare minimum capabilities) failed the QA during installation because of the prompt to update and install Adobe Flash Lite.

The existing Symbian Signed submission procedure required a readme.txt mentioning additional software/hardware for the application, and for my content, it was the installation of Adobe Flash Lite 3.x and Adobe Version Checker 1.0 incase not already installed in the handset. I had used the Helisso packager while the Adobe Mobile Packager had been deprecated.

Also, I have received the content failure mail mentioning to use http://www.forum.nokia.com/Resources...ies/Flash_Lite for packaging while this does not even exist. Please provide a suitable packager flash lite applications.

What is the need for a beta version of signing when there isnt a suitable packaging tool.

Super Contributor

Re: QA failed - Reason: prompt to update and install Adobe Flash Lite during installa

What is the exact failure message you have received from Ovi QA ?

Regards
    Gopal

Regular Contributor

Re: QA failed - Reason: prompt to update and install Adobe Flash Lite during installa

hi,

the following was mentioned in the mail:

Unfortunately the content item and or file did not pass the Ovi Store quality assurance (QA) review process.

Install the application.
    ACTUAL RESULT: There is a prompt to update and install Adobe Flash Lite during installation.
    EXPECTED RESULT: Installing a SIS file to an S60 device must not install or prompt to install the Adobe Flash or Flash Lite player.

Regards,
    Supriya

Super Contributor

Pls send me a mail with content id of your app in Store and I can check with Ovi QA, alternatively you can drop in a mail to PublishToOVI.Support@nokia.com . They will also help you with a solution.

Regards
    Gopal

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

you need to use the Flash Lite Online Packager:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/O...es/Flash_lite/

Alessandro