Discussion Board

Alert: File format - SIS(X)

When attempting to upload our app to the Ovi Store, we are getting an error on our Symbian Signed file. The app has been Express Signed and installs on all of our test devices.

Ovi gives:

"There were some validation errors! Further details are by the fields."

Next to our uploaded SIS file, it says:

"Alert: File format - SIS(X)"

Why is the uploaded not accpeting our Symbian Signed app? It's obviously in SIS/SISX format and installs with zero issue on any device we try. As a long shot, I changed the file extension with no different result.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Super Contributor

Re: Alert: File format - SIS(X)

Hi gregnorz! Welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards!!

I have'nt came across any similar kind of issue. May be you should give a try uploading with a different browser or from a different machine ?

If still problem persists, you can write to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and they will help you to get your app uploaded for Ovi QA.

Regards
    Gopal

Super Contributor

Hi,
    This problem was debated last year (2009). The answer was to change format to sisx. My comments were toward a post of Failed Case NEC 1.2: Download/Install/Launch/Delete

Which shows a failure and an update to SISX format. This would seem that there is a file extension check when you upload. Would be nice if this message was more explicit.

In another post I said:-
    Hi,
    I agree the latest FW version is 30.x.x.x, however this may not be the answer to such fundamental failure.
    Another publisher had a similar failure on a device, see thread Ovi QA : Failed Case NEC 1.2: Download/Install/Launch/Delete. This transpires that the QA load process does not like SIS extensions and wants SISX extensions. Reloaded ok now.

One publisher found his uploaded media had got corrupted, and simply uploaded the file and another used libraries not installed by default

This all assumes you have Symbian fully signed, not self signed. If Java verified
    some one else might help
    Jim

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2010-07-10 at 18:30.

I've tried multiple browsers on multiple machines, and they all get the same problem. Safari and Chrome on Mac; IE and Chrome on Windows 7 -- it doesn't matter, they all give back the same error listed in the subject.

We've emailed Ovi support but have not yet heard back. Is there a time frame to expect a response? I couldn't find any other form of support. Does Nokia not have some sort of developer support to call when problems like this arise?

We had the exact same issue that you are experiencing. To fix you simply need to remove any characters in your file name like underscores or numbers. Make the application name as simple as possible, give it an sisx extension & you won't have any further issues with your submission to the Ovi Store.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnorz View Post
    When attempting to upload our app to the Ovi Store, we are getting an error on our Symbian Signed file. The app has been Express Signed and installs on all of our test devices.

Ovi gives:

Next to our uploaded SIS file, it says:

"Alert: File format - SIS(X)"

Why is the uploaded not accpeting our Symbian Signed app? It's obviously in SIS/SISX format and installs with zero issue on any device we try. As a long shot, I changed the file extension with no different result.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Yes i have same problem when i upload my theme

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rssankarrs View Post
    Yes i have same problem when i upload my theme

Make sure you remove any periods from your file name. The tool assumes that anything after the dot is the actual extension of the file and would reject it as a result.

Send us an email at developer.support@nokia.com if you are still unable to upload your file and provide us with the binary. We will try to do it on your behalf.

Kindly provide me with the ticket reference number contained in the automated email response.

Andrew