Discussion Board

Angry widget ovimap and landmarks

Hello
    any chance to know some details about how to "integrate" ,running, Ovimap from widget ?

using widget.openApplication(0x20001F63) (hacked from web) i have been able to run OVIMap from widget
    of course it is not enough ... we need (i m sure i m not alone) to simply know some parameter to pass as latitude/longitude or maybe a LandmarkID to open it on the map to access Drive and Walk features to give something cool to widget users

Or maybe do we have to develop Nokia widget that use Google Map? it seems so ridicolous having GMAp on a widget simply because we lacks docs about some stupid parameters to pass to OVIMap .

You (Nokia) want to compete with Android /IPhone but don't feeds developers with decent documentation

i will be happy to admit i'm wrong as you show me how integrate OVi from widget

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: widget ovimap and landmarks

AFAIK there are no public interface definitions available for using Ovi Maps application from Widgets, thus there won't be any official help on achieving the use case.

Hi symbianyucca, and thx for reply .I know there is not official documentation about that topic , that's the point . It is documented that the widget.OpenApplication can run a web browser and using 4 url you can open a web page.Neverthless it is not documented anywhere that OVIMAP AppID is 0x20001F63 , but it is , and it run Map. It seems reasonable that could exists some command line parameter to run Map with some parameters, just the same as Map is runned from Landmarks list. It is very frustrating for a developer having OviMap there on the Nokia device and do not be able to interact even at basic level as command line params could be . I have used GoogleMap/GoogleEarth everywhere from web to standalone app but i refuse to use it on NokiaDevice as i pretend to use OVIMAP on NOKIA DEVICE (just to be clear , i found OVIMap too cool)
    So,until official api will NOT be available i wil try to get some hack around
    it was just yesterday that while mashing up some information from this forum and Nokia pdf official documentation about landmark xml format i discover how to start Landmark editor (that acts as bridge to access Map features) . So far to be perfect , but a starting point
    All the best

<a href="./lm.php">show my landmarks</a>

//------lm.php---------------------------------------------------
    $file=dirname(__FILE__)."/lm.xml";
    header('Content-type: application/vnd.nokia.landmarkcollection+xml');
    header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($file));
    readfile($file);

//-----lm.xml----------------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <lm:lmx xmlns:lm="http://www.nokia.com/schemas/location/landmarks/1/0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.nokia.com/schemas/location/landmarks/1/0 lmx.xsd">
    <lm:landmarkCollection>
    <lm:landmark>
    <lm:name>Nice Thai restaurant</lm:name>
    <lm:coordinates>
    <lm:latitude>65.4321</lm:latitude>
    <lm:longitude>43.2198</lm:longitude>
    </lm:coordinates>
    <lm:category>
    <lm:id>9000</lm:id>
    <lm:name>Restaurants</lm:name>
    </lm:category>
    </lm:landmark>
    <lm:landmark>
    <lm:name>Nice Mexican restaurant</lm:name>
    <lm:description>Very spicy food</lm:description>
    <lm:coordinates>
    <lm:latitude>43.2198</lm:latitude>
    <lm:longitude>65.4321</lm:longitude>
    </lm:coordinates>
    <lm:category>
    <lm:id>9000</lm:id>
    <lm:name>Restaurants</lm:name>
    </lm:category>
    </lm:landmark>
    </lm:landmarkCollection>
    </lm:lmx>

Nokia Developer Moderator

widget.OpenApplication can run any application which UID you know, and you can easily get UID's for all application on the device without any hacking really, for example with Y-Tasks, or using RApaLsSession API. Some application are designed to be used by 3rd party developer and some are not, some accept command line parameters and some not, anyway, I have not seen any official documentation on Ovi Maps application taking command line parameters from 3rd party applications.