Discussion Board

Link failure with QT Symbian and QNetworkResquest

Hi,

I started off developing on a OS X. Installed the beta version of the Nokia QT SDK and I was able to build and link with no problems. I was using the QNetworkAccessManager, QNetworkReply and QNetworkRequest objects and building/running them in the QT for Symbian emulator.

I realized that I had no way to debug on a device on OS X. The only way to do on-target testing was to develop using the Windows Nokia QT SDK. So I installed the Nokia QT SDK fired up QT creator and loaded up the exact same project I had created using the QT creator under OS X.

Now it fails at the linking stage. It can't link with QNetworkRequest. Any ideas? I installed and grabbed the SDK today (July 13). I realized for older releases of the SDK there as this additional QTSDK-98 features.zip file that had to be added because Symbian was missing. The new releases didn't seem to need that but I unzipped it anyways as per the instructions. Still the same result. This was not an issue on OS X. Is there a reason why this problem would show up on the Windows release. BTW, I created an empty QT for Symbian project and added a QNetworkRequest to it to make sure it wasn't my code. The code would not link properly. As soon as I removed QNetworkRequest the code linked.

Error was similar to the following... This is one of many lines.

undefined reference to `_imp___ZN15QNetworkRequestD1Ev'

Thanks in advance for helping!

Super Contributor

Re: Link failure with QT Symbian and QNetworkResquest

Do you have
    Code:
    QT += network
    in project file?
    Also you can try to clean project with make clean and build it again.

Thanks Daniil!

I looked at the project file and indeed it wasn't there. I assumed that since it linked in OS X's version of QT creator that all project files were created and linked alike on all versions of QT creator? Anyhow, it's linked. Thanks!!

Super Contributor

Qt Creator is only IDE, it doesn't know which libraries you need to configure.

I don't disagree but I think the point is that the IDE is inconsistent between OS's. Have both the OS X Nokia QT SDK and Windows version fail to link when libraries have not been manually added. Then people won't run into a trap thinking their project file is correct. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!