Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Problem with publish on Ovi Store

We have been working with a Qt application for Symbian since December 2009. Since June 23th 2010, when Nokia finally said it was possible to release Qt applications on Ovi Store we have been working with getting our application on to Ovi Store. But no luck so far…

We have submitted our application several times, but it has been rejected every time. Last time because the application doesn't run on a Nokia N97 mini and Nokia X6. We have tried installing and running the application with RDA on these devices and it works perfect for us. Also the application has been fully tested on N97 and Nokia 5800. We have submitted again as we know the application run on these devices but have heard nothing from Nokia at all. Can anyone tell us what to do now?

We are getting really frustrated as we have a great application but can't release it! It feels really stupid that it takes more time to release the application on Ovi Store than the time it takes to actually develop it..

Please, can anyone from Nokia help us out?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Problem with publish on Ovi Store

Dear stegemann,

Please email publishtoovi.support@nokia.com for more assistance to your issue. Please also include your content name and a link to your content in your email.

Regular Contributor

We sent Nokia an email and finally our app passed QA. But we got a message saying:
    "Passed QA.
    NOTE: Qt content is compatible with the following S60 devices: N97 mini, X6."

Why is Qt content only compatible on N97 mini and X6? We have tested on N97 and 5800, it works perfect!

Super Contributor

Hi9 Stegemann,
    this is said to have so0mething to do with Nokia not testing the installer, at least this is what I was told.

On a brighter thing, however, my business partner in the USA was just able to download my Qt app via a normal N97. Let's see when the 5800 also gets to go...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog