Discussion Board

Security Question

Hi guys,

I just recently bought a Nokia E72. I am a big time Nokia fan and I am very exited about this phone. I am pretty knowledgeable on the functions, but I had a couple of questions pertaining to security issues. During the past, I have had a couple phones stolen and I am very sensitive about securing my phones. Anyways, my questions are below:

1) I have managed to change the access codes for my phone. This access code only works when the phone has been locked. But obviously, you can still receive calls even when your phone is locked. I was wondering if there was some way that you will need to input the code when you are receiving a call while the phone is locked. For example, lets assume your phone gets stolen in a crowd. Now, when you call, the person can easily switch of the phone. But when you need to input the code, the person cannot answer unless the code is correct. So, if your phone is in the general profile, you can identify where its coming from. Get my jist? Just wondering if this was possible, but my search has yielded so returns so far.

2) Also, when you need to change profiles, you don't need to input any code. I was wondering if there is some way you will need to input the code while changing the profiles (for ex - from general to silent).

Those are pretty much my questions. Will be waiting to hear your responses with regards to this. Looking forward !!!

Super Contributor

Re: Security Question

Yes, your arguments and questions are true.
    But the phone is made for the general people, the security aspect changes person to person and according to your need application should be designed.

Regards,
    raHul

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing Nokia by itself doesn't have these features. Are there any other applications or widgets that offer it then?

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Are there any other applications or widgets that offer it then?
    If you want this kind of project or application then search in the WIKI, indifferent sections like WRT, JAVA and SYMBIAN.

Best regards,
    RAHuL

Nokia Developer Expert

I would think profile monitoring, and security stuff would not be possible with WRT, not Java in real extend, so the choise would propably be Symbian C++, anyway, it is also supposedly hardest one to get started, but if you decide using it, do check the wiki as suggested, get the required tools, and then when you encounter problems, ask in Symbian forum for each specific problems separately..