Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Publishing FlashLite app for S40 and S60

Hi,

I have developed FlashLite game and wishing to publish it on OVI Store. I have two questions regarding publishing the app to OVI:
    1. The application is compatible to all nokia devices supporting FlashLite1.1 and above. These devices include some from S40 and others from S60 platform. Also OVI needs .nfl for S40 and .SIS for S60, how can I publish the same app for all devices, irrespect of platform?
    2. Also some devices ships with FlashLite1.1 preinstalled. In case the device does not have FlashLite1.1 installed how can I ask user to download the FlashLite1.1 player?

Thanking in advance!

Re: Publishing FlashLite app for S40 and S60

Hi sangramp,
    1. As you understand to target S60 handsets you should convert the SWF to SIS. For S40, you should convert it to NFL ( available on S40 5th edition FP1 onwards- as described here).
    To make your game available on maximum range of phones, you will have to submit as two apps (one SIS and another NFL).

2. NFL works only on S40 5th edition FP1 onwards phones, which have atleast Flash Player 2+ installed on them. You cant target older S40 phones with Flash content via the Ovi store.

Good luck with your publishing
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Regular Contributor

Thanks Manikantan!
    It means I will have to publish the same app twice, one with target as S60 and other as target to S40. Also if NFL works only on S40 5th Edition devices and that also with Flash-player 2 installed, does it mean I can not target for other S40 upto 3rd edition devices? Also OVI only accepts SIS/NFL format, it does not accept Flash swf content.

Yes.. NFL is supported only in S40 5th ed onwards and SWF is not supported by Ovi..
    So, you cant target/distribute to phones lower than S40 5th edition.. But all S40 5th ed phones have Flash Lite pre-installed..
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --