Discussion Board

Any US phones KNOWN to work with SDK?

Hi,

I'm unable to get either the 2.1 SDK or the 3.0 beta SDK to work with any GSM 1900 Nokia phones using the SMS APIs. We need to be able to send and recieve text and binary SMS and I want the connection method to be a cable.

It seems to work fine on a number of 900/1800 phones for developers on my team who are in Europe.

Anyone reliably using the SMS APIs in the US?

Thanks,
    Steve

Super Contributor
    Hi,

It seems that the SDK 2.1 does not support SMS message sending on TDMA phones.
    You should check the Connection Methods page at http://forum.nokia.com under Technologies / Nokia PC Connectivity SDK Developers / Support section.
    The TDMA phone models listed at SDK 3.0 should work with the NokiaCLMessaging library. Except the ones which are listed at the SDK 2.1 section also.
    Check also the Extensive Component Library Reference about sending messages on TDMA phones.

Best regards,

Barna
    Forum Nokia

Thanks, but I'm asking about GSM phones

Thanks for the reply.

However, I'm only using GSM phones. None of the *GSM* 1900 phones I've tried that are listed as supported by the 2.1 and 3.0 SDKs actually work for sending and receiving SMS messages. It's highly frustrating as my European developers aren't having any difficulty with the same code running on a number of 900/1800 GSM phones.

Again, does anyone KNOW from experience of any GSM 1900 phones that work with the 3.0 SDK to send and recieve binary and text SMS messages?

Thank you,
    Steve