Discussion Board

[moved] Smart Installer for application signed with a devcert

Hi,

What is the procedure for preparing an application packaged with the smart installer and signed with a devcert?

I am able to generate a self-signed Flickable_installer.sis for the Flickable demo app, using the commands "make sis" and "make installer_sis" (with no QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE or QT_SIS_KEY parameter). This installs and runs on device.

If I repeat the procedure using QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE and QT_SIS_KEY parameters pointing to my devcert, then the sis file fails to install. It seems to fail at the end of the process of installing the Smart Installer. I see a progress bar "Finalizing installation" followed by "Cancelling Installation" and then an installation failed error message.

I notice that the generated file Flickable_installer.pkg uses the UID 0xA000D7CE - maybe this is the problem? Is this a bug in the Qt make process - shouldn't it switch to using a UID in the range for signed apps, when the QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE and QT_SIS_KEY parameters are given?

Regards, John

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Smart Installer for application signed with a devcert

Can you check if a c:\Logs\ADM directory exists and if not, create it. (Use a 3rd party browser and not the built-in File Manager as it does not show you the true c:\ root). Upon running the smart installer you should see log files created under this directory and we would like to see those files in order to understand what happens.

As for your question, yes, the procedure is correct. You use QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE and QT_SIS_KEY to specify the certificate for the command prompt commands, in both make commands. For devcerts the UID can be anything, that should not be your problem. Of course if the example requires more than self-signable capabilities then the UID should be changed to 0xE or 0x2 range.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: [moved] Smart Installer for application signed with a devcert

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Can you check if a c:\Logs\ADM directory exists and if not, create it..
    Thanks for your speedy reply.

I checked and the directory C:\ADM\LOGS does not exist. After installing the application built for self-signing, I can no longer reproduce the problem, even if I unininstall and then re-install the version built with the devcert. I suppose I would need to do a factory reset to reproduce the problem, but I don't want to do this as the the phone was configured before I got it and I have to return it now after which I will be away on client site for a few days. If I manage to do any further investigation of this issue I will send you more information.

Best regards, John