Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Unable to install .sis file signed with Dev Cert

I'm tryingt to install my app to several E51 units using the Symbian Signed Offline method. The application wil be deployed to approx 600 E51 test units (I provided all the IMEI numbers when requesting the cert). I select to sign with cer/key pair in the project properties in Carbide. Get error "Certificate error. Contact application supplier" when attempting to install. Here is what my mmp file looks like:
    Code:
    TARGET		  CallMode.exe
    TARGETTYPE	  exe
    UID 0xA0000005 0xED93BF02

USERINCLUDE	 ..\inc
    SYSTEMINCLUDE   \epoc32\include

SOURCEPATH	  ..\src
    SOURCE		  CallMode.cpp

SOURCEPATH	..\data
    START RESOURCE	ConsoleMenu4_reg.rss
    	TARGETPATH	\private\10003a3f\apps
    END

LIBRARY		 euser.lib etel3rdparty.lib cntmodel.lib efsrv.lib mediaclientaudio.lib

#ifdef ENABLE_ABIV2_MODE
      DEBUGGABLE_UDEBONLY
    #endif
    CAPABILITY MultimediaDD NetworkServices ReadUserData
    Do I need to change my UIDs?

When requesting the .cer I selected all capabilities just in case our requirements change, could that cause a problem?

Thanks,

~Mike

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to install .sis file signed with Dev Cert

Not certain where you got the 0xA0000005 UID, I would try replacing it with 0x100039CE , then also do recheck the IMEI's you are using in the developer certificate.

Nokia Developer Champion

Also note that, E-series devices do not allow installation of self-singed(/developer signed) application by default. You have to change the settings on your device to accept all.
    Application manager->Software installation -> All
    Check this known issue as well: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...wed_by_default
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Super Contributor

HI ,

I agree with Yucca the problem with your application is the uid issue
    UID 0xA0000005 0xED93BF02

The first uid should be the platform uid 0x100039CE (for s60) device and the last uid can be your application uid.
    Change the uid to the s60 platform and install it on the device.
    Should work without any problem.
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mateen_maldar View Post
    Change the uid to the s60 platform and install it on the device.
    Should work without any problem.
    I bet it won't. Apart from changing the UID, he has to follow "Software installation" to "All" suggestion as well.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    I bet it won't. Apart from changing the UID, he has to follow "Software installation" to "All" suggestion as well.
    thats the application level configuration he has to make inorder to install any kind of sis file on device.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mateen_maldar View Post
    thats the application level configuration he has to make inorder to install any kind of sis file on device.
    Whether you like it or not, it is due to that setting. So repeating again, only changing that UID trick won't get rid of that error. He has to do that in combination with that "application level configuration".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail617 View Post
    Get error "Certificate error. Contact application supplier" when attempting to install. Here is what my mmp file looks like:

Super Contributor

hi kiran,

cool, its a simple config , that anyone has to make inorder to install his sis file in trusted or untrusted mode for the cert file acceptance.
    I was more concerned with the problem solving, the answer is told might be correct, but it depends on the poster if he is using it for not.

From a developer point of view i explaned the reason as its a uid problem, might be the answer with the setting as well.
    for which if we gonna we are debating, let the poster have his word. so that we can neil down the issue.

I hope that's fine
    have a nice day for all.
    Regards,
    Mateen Maldar

Nokia Developer Champion

I misread the original post. That "Software installation" to "All" solution applies to Self-signed applications. If you are signing with Developer Certificate then it should be fine to have "Software installation" to "Signed only".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail617 View Post
    I select to sign with cer/key pair in the project properties in Carbide.
    I think you are picking up wrong certificate file here; perhaps you are picking .cer file which you extracted from your TC Trustcenter Publisher ID). If this is the case then make sure to select the .cer file which you got from www.symbiansigned.com(Open signed offline). Of course, .key file is the publisher key file which you extracted from your TC Trustcenter Publisher ID, which I believe you are picking correctly.

So far I was believing that Open Signed stuff counts as trusted signing. Now I tried Open Signed Online on an E90, and I still believe that. However self-signed stuff, like my favourite ErrRd.sisx really produces this "Certificate error. Contact application supplier".

The 0xA... UID2 looks strange, but it may also happen that Mikhail617 has a self-signed (or PublisherID-signed) package for some reason.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    So far I was believing that Open Signed stuff counts as trusted signing. Now I tried Open Signed Online on an E90, and I still believe that. However self-signed stuff, like my favourite ErrRd.sisx really produces this "Certificate error. Contact application supplier".
    Yes, Open signed stuff counts as trusted. But I did check signing with TCT .cer and .key and it gives "Certificate error. Contact application supplier". And thus, I proposed a fresh suggestion as follows. (wink)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    I think you are picking up wrong certificate file here; perhaps you are picking .cer file which you extracted from your TC Trustcenter Publisher ID). If this is the case then make sure to select the .cer file which you got from www.symbiansigned.com(Open signed offline). Of course, .key file is the publisher key file which you extracted from your TC Trustcenter Publisher ID, which I believe you are picking correctly.

Ok, I read your post, just afterwards. Getting something open signed took some time.

Regular Contributor

Ok, I changed the UID as you have suggested but I am still getting the error. How can I recheck the IMEIs? I don't see them listed in the certificate when I open it...

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Not certain where you got the 0xA0000005 UID, I would try replacing it with 0x100039CE , then also do recheck the IMEI's you are using in the developer certificate.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. I am using the correct .cer file but I still get the error.

I have no devcert, but as I remember, I read something related in the documentation: if you visit the Symbian Signed site for modifying/regenerating the devcert, you may get a list of the devices it currently contains.